View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 06:51 AM #134
Contender

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Grange_27 is a splendid one to beholdGrange_27 is a splendid one to beholdGrange_27 is a splendid one to beholdGrange_27 is a splendid one to beholdGrange_27 is a splendid one to beholdGrange_27 is a splendid one to beholdGrange_27 is a splendid one to beholdGrange_27 is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,309.08
Total Points: 10,797.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLT87 View Post
Imagine if you didnt get the technical nuances of boxing, hadnt conditioned yourself over time to instinctively recognize the crispness of the shots, good counters, good timing, good positioning, good distance control, using the jab effectively etc etc. It seems like second nature but the average person will just see two blokes trying to punch each other, they wont understand the levels at all. Its the same with MMA, with football, with any sport.

I cant really speak on the casual US audience. Most MMA fans I know tend to be pretty knowledgeable though, and I think MMA fans are more the types to watch multiple combat sports because of the "mixed" nature of MMA itself and the relative crossover.

Its an international audience these days too tbf.
OK so on that yes agree I have a friend who is a MMA fan and a boxing casual. So he watches the big boxing fights with us in a group in the pub. Knows the basics but misses subtle nuances.
Grange_27 is offline   Reply With Quote