No announcement yet.

Povetkin is better than Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    Noones hyping him up. It was a good solid win same as wilder beating Ortiz.
    Wrong! Sasha was well past his prime when he faced Joshua as compared when Ortiz challenged Wilder. At least Ortiz outweighed Deontay by some 30 odd lbs and had him nearly out on his feet. However, the moment Joshua touch this small, shot, undersized, old guy he was finished because he had no chin, stamina, reflexes or balance. In addition, Anthony Joshua outweighed him by some 24 odd lbs to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      Wrong! Sasha was well past his prime when he faced Joshua as compared when Ortiz challenged Wilder. At least Ortiz outweighed Deontay by some 30 odd lbs and had him nearly out on his feet. However, the moment Joshua touch this small, shot, undersized, old guy he was finished because he had no chin, stamina, reflexes or balance. In addition, Anthony Joshua outweighed him by some 24 odd lbs to begin with.
      He had wilder almost out on his feet cause wilder isn't a skilful boxer it's not to do with Ortiz being any good, he looked absolutely atrocious in the fights before that, he was well past his sell by date and I don't care how much he weighed. You all keep telling me how good Ortiz is but there's no proof of it

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Ortiz's KO ratio is 12% higher than Pedvetkin and would be higher if not for multiple NC's, he hits harder.

Except it is true, Wilder rarely misses. He's undefeated for a reason. If you can't see that, then that's on you, just don't blame him for what you can't see. That's an issue I'm seeing, people can't identify Wilder's strengths so they just call him garbage.

The thing about Huck is he wasn't even top 5 in his division, robberies against Arslan, Olafabi, Ramirez, and others.

Pedvetkin got held up by the ropes, that's a knock down.

Scott never quit, he beat the 10 count getting up at 9 and the ref stopped it anyways. He wasn't shot either when he fought Ortiz, still beat Thompson & Leapai.

Scott-Ortiz was not competitive at all, Chisora-Scott was and if not for the typical UK reffing, could've easily gone the distance with close scores.
        Ortiz has the higher KO % because he fights complete garbage. Povetkins opponents are like HOF's in comparison. Thinking anything else is delusional.

With the bums Wilder fights, it's no surprise his connect percentage is high. It usually is when you fight garbage all the time. Maybe his windmill misses are counted as landed shots because of the wind generated? And Wilder is undefeated not due to him being so good, but due to fighting garbage for 40 fights. Most Heavies would be undefeated if they fought that dross.

Huck was top 5 when he fought Povetkin. He was actually the number 1 at the time. He hadn't even fought Arslan by the time he fought Povetkin, so that's something else you're wrong about. And he beat Ramirez pretty clearly so no robbery exists there i'm afraid.

Scott didn't start getting up until AFTER the 9 count was called. Go and watch the fight and see you're wrong again. Beating other shot fighters does not mean Scott wasn't shot himself. You stick two shot fighters in a ring together, one of them are going to win. Especially if they have more boxing ability which Scott had over those two.

What part of Chisora beating a prime undefeated version of Scott don't you understand? It's pretty simple, but you're having serious trouble with it. The version Ortiz beat wasn't worth one f5ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          Lenroy Thompkins sparred all four and said that in terms of power it goes
          Wilder
          Ortiz
          Joshua
          Povetkin
          And yet Molina has been in the ring with both Wilder and Joshua and thinks Joshua hits harder. So who are we to believe?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Just want to clarify one thing for all Wilder fangirls.

Povetkin is better than Ortiz. He was a better amateur, he was a better pro.

His resume craps ALL OVER Ortiz's average resume, as does his skills.

It's so cringe to see Wilder's fans try to keep pushing a 45 year old man to the high heavens when he hasn't done anything in the game.

Also, Joshua beat Povetkin better than Wilder beat Ortiz.

If Ortiz and Povetkin fought, my money would be on Ortiz. But does it really matter? You know Wilder would KO either.

Comment

• Be glad if AJ fights Ortiz and get rocked by the 98 year old

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                well for one you can use your eyes and your own reasoning. do you let other people tell you how to rank a fighter? i gave you lots of reasons other than, "because X told me so." insurmountable reasons, really. go ahead and refute them.

ortiz is left handed, a has never gotten his ass kicked by an all time great, is 25 lbs bigger. has anywhere from 5-10 inches of reach according to which source you listen to. he's a bigger puncher. there's just a ton that makes him a better fighter, and everybody but the british [and even the reasonable british,] are calling it like it is and saying he was a better fighter in 2018 than a very aged and small povetkin.

you guys generally don't know what you're looking at, and that's fine. so you look to experts to help you form an opinion. i have not looked at ring magazine regularly for a while. it is owned by a promoter. i was a sub for 15 years when it was the best sporting publication on the planet [5 of that had seen it go downhill but it was still the best, and the internet was still picking up steam in regard to boxing.] if it had povetkin ranked higher than ortiz at the time of the wilder fight it is silly. povetkin was seen as an worn out fighter in spite of the fact that they're allegedly around teh same age. and FFS he is small! these are giant men and povetkin is not the same size! povetkin gave up 8 inches of reach to anthony joshua! don't ignore that becuase ring magazine tells you what to do! ortiz was undefeated and at HW it means a lot when you are dangerous, and he is. subsequently, he did better against wilder than povetkin did against joshua. the big shot that he landed had wilder rocked, he could weather storms that povetkin couldn't weather.
                Ortiz has never got his ass kicked by an ATG so he must be a better fighter than Povetkin? Haha, You get more stupid by the post. I suppose Michael Grant had never got his ass kicked by an ATG before he fought Lewis so must be a better fighter than Hearns who had. Haha. Ortiz never lost a fight because he hadn't fought anyone before he fought Wilder you mong.

Which reasonable British posters are calling Ortiz the better win? Care to name them?

Povetkin was very aged but had a lot more stamina than Ortiz who nearly failed the medical and had high blood pressure? Povetkin was throwing bombs for over 6 rounds. Ortiz could only manage 1 round which was the 7th. After that he was done. But Povetkin had more wear and tear? Haha.

So you know what you're looking at but experts don't? Haven't we already established that you're a complete dribbler? How many more times do you need to have it pointed out to you?

Ortiz did better against Wilder than Povetkin did against Joshua because Joshua is the superior fighter. Washington and Spilka won quite a lot of rounds against Wilder so it isn't hard. So that means less than nothing.

Povetkin weathered the storm against a great fighter in Wlad. Ortiz couldn't against a ****ing unproven scrub. There's a massive difference. Unless you're a ****** that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  that is not relevant to the degree that you think it is. this is not a fighter in his prime. makes me think you guys don't really understand boxing.

does he bring his resume into the ring with him and show it to his opponent? or do they fight? do their physical and technical abilities, their conditioning, and their will matter, or does a list on a piece of paper matter?

i need somebody to read one of my comprehensive, british-morale-shattering posts regarding why ortiz was a tougher match in 2018 than povetkin, and refute it. tell me to my face that 8 inches of reach, 25 lbs, and a 10 year career including a 12 round ass kicking at the hands of an all time great puncher don't f#cking matter
                  You talk about conditioning when talking about Ortiz? Hahaha. He has the worst stamina I've ever seen. And i'm not joking. It's that bad. You must be deranged to think otherwise.

Comment

The bottom line is Joshua knocked out a cherry pick in Alexander Povetkin who was done the moment he stepped in that ring on Saturday night but now the British fans wants to elevate him into enormous heights by inflating this shot, washed up, 40 year old opponent; With no chin, stamina, reflexes or defense worth because he became one of Joshua's knock out victims as their coward AJ used him to justify his duck of Deontay Wilder because he just so happen to be his mandatory challenger.
                    You can't cherry pick a mandatory you simpleton. The other nonsense I've already answered.

But seek help, yeah. Your anger at Joshua being the man at the weight is really crippling you. It's ugly to see.

Comment

Good post! These guys hell bent on focusing on the past while reasonable and objective fans are focusing on the present as to who is actually the better fighter is. However, they don't won't to do that because it obviously frightens them.
                      Outside of Wilder, tell me what Ortiz has done recently?

Comment

Working...
                      X