Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome aboard the Official ODELL Beckham JR fan train.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome aboard the Official ODELL Beckham JR fan train.

He's no David Beckham that's for sure, but as a consolation he's the best wide receiver in the NFL.

Some folks search his sexuality. I didn't. I searched his stats, turns out he's leading touchdown receptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      He's no David Beckham that's for sure, but as a consolation he's the best wide receiver in the NFL.

Comment

Some folks search his sexuality. I didn't. I searched his stats, turns out he's leading touchdown receptions.
        He's tied with Allen Robinson

Comment

Excuse me, coming through:

Odell Beckham Jr. will play career game No. 25 when the New York Giants take on the Miami Dolphins on Monday Night Football (8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN/WatchESPN).

Through 24 career games, Beckham Jr. has 169 receptions, 2,459 yards and 22 touchdowns. That means an “average” game for the second-year Giants wide receiver features seven receptions, 102 receiving yards and nearly one touchdown.

Let’s take a look at where Beckham Jr.’s numbers rank among the NFL’s best.

169 receptions

No player in NFL history had more receptions through 25 career games than Beckham Jr., who already has 169 receptions in 24 games, according to Elias Sports Bureau research. Anquan Boldin’s 154 receptions through 25 games in 2003 and 2004 ranks second on that list.

Only three players have more receptions than Beckham Jr. since his NFL debut in Week 5 last season -- Antonio Brown (200), Demaryius Thomas (186) and Julio Jones (184) -- but none of those players had more than 112 receptions in their first 25 career games.

2,459 receiving yards

The Elias Sports Bureau notes that Beckham Jr.’s 2,459 receiving yards are the most through a player’s first 24 games in NFL history. He needs 10 receiving yards Monday night to pass Charley Hennigan for the most through a player’s first 25 games in NFL history.

For more recent context, Beckham Jr. has 427 more receiving yards through 24 career games than any other player through 25 career games in the past 15 seasons. Victor Cruz (2,032), Boldin (1,969) and A.J. Green (1,968) put up great numbers to begin their careers, but none of them were within 20 receiving yards of Beckham Jr.’s per-game average at the same point in their careers.

22 receiving touchdowns

Elias also notes that Beckham Jr.’s 22 receiving touchdowns through 24 career games is already tied for fourth-most through 25 career games in NFL history. If Beckham Jr. finds the end zone Monday night in Miami, he will tie Bob Hayes and Randy Moss for second on that list with 23 receiving touchdowns, behind only Bill Groman. Groman caught 27 touchdown passes in his first 25 NFL games more than 50 years ago.

The only players in the past 15 seasons with at least 15 receiving touchdowns in their first 25 career games are Beckham Jr. (22), Rob Gronkowski (18), Green (17) and Julius Thomas (16). Gronkowski is the only player within seven receiving touchdowns of Beckham Jr.’s NFL-leading 22 since the start of Week 5 last season. Gronkowski has 19 touchdowns during that span.

Fantasy stud

All of those numbers add up to who has become one of the most valuable assets in fantasy football leagues.

Beckham Jr. ranks first among wide receivers in fantasy points per game in ESPN standard leagues (15.3) and second in PPR leagues (22.3) since his debut last season.

No other wide receiver can come close to Beckham Jr.’s fantasy numbers through 25 career games in the past 15 seasons. Beckham Jr.’s ESPN standard league average during that span is 3.7 points per game better than the next closest wide receiver (Green – 11.6) and 5.5 points per game better than any other wideout in PPR leagues (Green – 16.8).

Comment

bush

What a catch!.

Comment

This thread is cringe worthy.

4Corners
              I think it is time for an Antonio Brown Thread

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
                This thread is cringe worthy.

4Corners
                I think it is time for an Antonio Brown Thread
                Remember when Brown nearly cried when Landry wouldn't throw him the ball lmfao.

Comment

AB doesn't need this Brush. He just proves how good he is week in, week out, like when he torched the best defense in football last week.

I don't get how people could like ODB with the absolute trash personality the guy has. He got shut down in the first half and tried to turn the game into a WWE fight lol He's a certified b*tch

Comment

Remember when Brown nearly cried when Landry wouldn't throw him the ball lmfao.
                    Remember when Brown had 6 catches, 124 yards, with Landry Jones starting AT KANSAS CITY???

AB has 116 catches, like 1586 yards or some ****, and 10 combined TD's.....and he had to play like 5 games with Michael Vick who couldn't get him or anyone the ball, and then Landry Jones too a 3rd string QB. AB has caught 70% of his targets this year......that's staggering considering the other leading receivers like ODB, Hopkins, Jones are at 60%, 57%, and 65% respectively. There isn't a more reliable receiver in the game than Antonio Brown. He can run any route from anywhere on the field, and burn your ass. Deep, a quick slant, screen, etc. It doesn't matter.

Just imagine if Ben hadn't been hurt at all this year. In the 9 1/2 games AB has played with Ben with this year, here's his stat line per game.

10 catches, 142 yards, and a td per game. That's INSANE. ODB has had Eli all year, and while Eli is no Big Ben, he's a good QB in his own right with a couple SB rings. Odell's averages per game with his starting QB.....6.5 catches, 100 yards, about a td per game. Really good, but not matching what AB puts up with his starting QB out there.

He's the only receiver in the history of football with multiple games in the same year of 15+ catches. He's the only receiver in football history to have three straight 110+ catches, 1499+ yards seasons. He's BY FAR the best receiver after the catch, and easily the best route runner in the game. He also has a punt return threat that ODB clearly doesn't have because he doesn't do it.

It's not even close. And don;t take my word for it. Chris Harris Jr said AB is easily the best receiver in the game, Gary Kubiak said he'd vote him for MVP if he could, and Adam Jones said he's not just the best receiver in football but one of the greatest receivers we've ever seen.

Simply put, we are witnessing history every time AB steps out onto the field. Antonio Brown went like 2 1/2 years posting AT LEAST 5 catches for 50 yards in every single game......Odell Beckham has had 3 games this year already with Eli where he hasn't met that. Call me when Odell has a streak like that going. It took Big Ben suffering a major injury, and AB having to play with 2 of the worst QBs on rosters for his streak to come to an end.

Don't get me wrong, ODB is a good player, one of the top few receivers in the league. But he's not better than Antonio Brown. I don't think he's clearly better than Julio Jones or Deandre Hopkins either.
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 12-25-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X