Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW VIDEO: Larry Holmes interviews Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago I read Larry Holmes's biography. From what I can remember, before Larry fought Tyson there was some animosity between the two of them.

After their bout Tyson hugged Larry in the ring, Larry said to Tyson, you still aint shllt, and Mike responded, neither are you.

But damn, Larry Holmes still looks good for his age. He looks Mike's contemporary.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathiaz View Post
      Years ago I read Larry Holmes's biography. From what I can remember, before Larry fought Tyson there was some animosity between the two of them.

After their bout Tyson hugged Larry in the ring, Larry said to Tyson, you still aint shllt, and Mike responded, neither are you.

But damn, Larry Holmes still looks good for his age. He looks Mike's contemporary.
      that was a great book. Against the Odds or something? I loved his views on the Norton fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        that was a great book. Against the Odds or something? I loved his views on the Norton fight.
        The title of the book and his views on Norton, honestly bro I don't remember.

But what really stands out to me is, when Holmes fought Cooney.
        Holmes being the champion had to walk in the ring first.
        Just before their bout, Cooney got a call from the president of the united states, wishing him luck.
        And even though Cooney was the challenger, he was going to make a large amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathiaz View Post
          The title of the book and his views on Norton, honestly bro I don't remember.

But what really stands out to me is, when Holmes fought Cooney.
          Holmes being the champion had to walk in the ring first.
          Just before their bout, Cooney got a call from the president of the united states, wishing him luck.
          And even though Cooney was the challenger, he was going to make a large amount of money.
          OH YEAH. That was an absolute miscarriage of justice. Don King promoting it as a fight against the races and all that crap.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            its actually what goes around comes around i think.
            Yep, it is ''what goes around comes around''...my mistake.

Comment

oh man how i had loved a prime Homes vs prime Tyson fight

Comment

Working...
              X