Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thats it! Im not ****ing around anymore!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats it! Im not ****ing around anymore!

ive been boxing for abou 5 months now been sprring for about 3 and a half.. ive been sparring tournament winners and runners up to the golden gloves for the past month now, im now sparring at least twice a week.. Im done with being a nice guy in sparring.. ive been sporting a new black eye for the past 3 weeks.. sometimes i do good sometimes i do bad.. but when i do good im aggressive.. tiday i sparred a guy 20 pounds lighter than me im 152.. i didnt wanna kill him so i was boxing on the outside and this kid was fast as ****, he even said 'dont kill me' this kid got 2nd in the NYC golden gloves.. .. i wasnt really throwing shots hard .. i got a little tired and this kid was flurring on me like crazy when i was tired already.. he didnt really hurt me at all but i got a nice black eye and a cut inside of my lip.. im done ****ing around with these guys .. im goin hard aND thats it. theres no room for ****ing nice guys in the fight game.. he said i hurt him with a left hook at one point but i wasnt really even throwin that hard.. on tuesday i went hard on this other guy and hurt him a bunch of times.. thats what im gonna do from here on out.. im gonna throw punches hard in sparring i dont give a ****.. cuz if i get tired and u jump on me imma regret it later..

Sounds like you just had a rough night, man. Not everyone is a dick when it comes to sparring. Don't let one kid poor sparring etiquette make you think that you have to kill everyone now.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
      Sounds like you just had a rough night, man. Not everyone is a dick when it comes to sparring. Don't let one kid poor sparring etiquette make you think that you have to kill everyone now.
      Agreed^, dont let one dick make you think that everyone's the same...

Comment

Listen to the others, don't let a bad night put you off.
        I am a little the same I don't spar as well taking it easy, but you have to look after your sparring partners. Because if you start laying into everyone you spar no one will want to sparr you.

DMC

Comment

I feel you pain bro. I go easy on guys I can take to school, and usually get good work from the guys that can take me to school. but one guy a weight below me throws all light and works light, o i work light with him and then he explodes of of nowhere and tries to take my head off. so i have to lean into him.

What gym are you at? I have sparring in queens next week... maybe its at your gym.

Comment

lifestyle...................... FLASHY

Comment

We all have our good and bad days with sparring partners. Remember that you don't want to kill your partner, but if you do to easy it doesn't help you or your sparring partner. I used to hate going easy sparring with other girls in my clubs, but I had to because I would kill them if I went full force. Every once in a while the coach would tell me to go all out for a minute.

Find a few good sparring partners that make you work hard, and help you improve on certain apsects of your boxing. You don't want your sparring to turn into a slugfest.

I agree with ned though, it's good to play light but when someone comes out of nowhere at you it's good to put them back into their place and let them know you can take their head off if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
                ive been boxing for abou 5 months now been sprring for about 3 and a half.. ive been sparring tournament winners and runners up to the golden gloves for the past month now, im now sparring at least twice a week.. Im done with being a nice guy in sparring.. ive been sporting a new black eye for the past 3 weeks.. sometimes i do good sometimes i do bad.. but when i do good im aggressive.. tiday i sparred a guy 20 pounds lighter than me im 152.. i didnt wanna kill him so i was boxing on the outside and this kid was fast as ****, he even said 'dont kill me' this kid got 2nd in the NYC golden gloves.. .. i wasnt really throwing shots hard .. i got a little tired and this kid was flurring on me like crazy when i was tired already.. he didnt really hurt me at all but i got a nice black eye and a cut inside of my lip.. im done ****ing around with these guys .. im goin hard aND thats it. theres no room for ****ing nice guys in the fight game.. he said i hurt him with a left hook at one point but i wasnt really even throwin that hard.. on tuesday i went hard on this other guy and hurt him a bunch of times.. thats what im gonna do from here on out.. im gonna throw punches hard in sparring i dont give a ****.. cuz if i get tired and u jump on me imma regret it later..

sure most ppl are disagreeing with you.. but yo man, i gotta agree... i was in the same posistion as you, first thing u gotta check for is

either - they are just trying to beat u. dont care what u land , only worrying about themselves
                or - u will spar a guy who wants to work with u, try new things, hold back when needed....

find out who kinda style ur in with, if its the top option then FkuC ya, go hard, screw em... i personalyl know that u cant really be friends with everyone in the gym, so sometimes u will spar a guy who just wants to show everyone he can beat you... so ya man, dont hold back...

but if ur with a guy who wants to work with u ... just throw a little lighter, throw a little less... dont try to knock no ones head off...

but ya man, i went through the same shi+
                at one point in boxing, u absolutely have to switch over to that attitude..
                next time u spar, go in there thinking all about u... just practice what u wanna practice, go all out

but remember
                NEVER TRY TO KO ur SPARRING PARTNERS
                sure u might hurt em with a shot here n there, but never go in for the kill
                its not a fight, its sparrring. that wotn get u a WIN, itll get u only one thing
                no respect...

be humble, but at the same time, be a boxer. fight..
                good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
                  Save your anger for training and fighting. Use the sparring sessions to build your skills. If you're always angry you will never learn anything and then when it comes to fight night and you're nervous, you will lose because you can't fall back on the skills you should have picked up in sparring.

Sparring is not fighting, it is to practice everything you need to work on. Think of it that way and use all the various types of opponents to your advantage. If some guy is fast and trying to hit you as much as he can, use it to build up on your defense, slip/counter, timing etc etc. If another guy is slower but very strong and is an angry guy himself and trying to hurt you, then get your jab right in his face and build up your stick and move game. That'll piss him off more than you trying to hurt him back anyway. If all he gets for his trouble is a constant jab in the nose and stomach then he'll just keep getting angrier and wilder until he can't even lift his arms anymore. The best revenge is to learn to negate everything your opponent is trying to do to you. Use sparring to your advantage, not to let off some steam or to another guy's advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by punchDrUnK MONK View Post
                    sure most ppl are disagreeing with you.. but yo man, i gotta agree... i was in the same posistion as you, first thing u gotta check for is

either - they are just trying to beat u. dont care what u land , only worrying about themselves
                    or - u will spar a guy who wants to work with u, try new things, hold back when needed....

find out who kinda style ur in with, if its the top option then FkuC ya, go hard, screw em... i personalyl know that u cant really be friends with everyone in the gym, so sometimes u will spar a guy who just wants to show everyone he can beat you... so ya man, dont hold back...

but if ur with a guy who wants to work with u ... just throw a little lighter, throw a little less... dont try to knock no ones head off...

but ya man, i went through the same shi+
                    at one point in boxing, u absolutely have to switch over to that attitude..
                    next time u spar, go in there thinking all about u... just practice what u wanna practice, go all out

but remember
                    NEVER TRY TO KO ur SPARRING PARTNERS
                    sure u might hurt em with a shot here n there, but never go in for the kill
                    its not a fight, its sparrring. that wotn get u a WIN, itll get u only one thing
                    no respect...

be humble, but at the same time, be a boxer. fight..
                    good luck
                    Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X