Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Camacho beat a prime whitaker,PBF,shane,Oscar and broner@135lb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's about the only guy who could have legitimately beaten a prime whitaker imo. he could have beaten floyd at 135, maybe even oscar who was still relatively green at 135, not sure about shane.

anyone who says he doesn't beat any of them, obviously hasn't seen him in his prime.
    Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 11-23-2012, 08:48 PM. Reason: meant could instead of would.

Comment

And Broner beside those names???

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
        he's about the only guy who would have legitimately beaten a prime whitaker imo. he could have beaten floyd at 135, maybe even oscar who was still relatively green at 135, not sure about shane.

anyone who says he doesn't beat any of them, obviously hasn't seen him in his prime.
        This is very true. You are going to have some stating opinions out of the blue without knowing what a prime Camacho could do. I don't say he wins all of those fights but, at 135, he has an argument against many of the best ever.

Comment

he's about the only guy who would have legitimately beaten a prime whitaker imo. he could have beaten floyd at 135, maybe even oscar who was still relatively green at 135, not sure about shane.

So he'd beat Floyd Whitaker de la Hoya but maybe not shane? If passed prime camacho could last the distance with a prime de la Hoya then he'd be able to escape Shane and his inexperience at 135 maybe even beat him. I haven't seen a bunch of prime camacho but Shane I have yeah he walked threw everything he fought but none of those guys were on camacho's level.

But I disagree with the Floyd and Whitaker comment.

Comment

I favour Whitaker and Mayweather to beat him by UD.

I favour him to UD Shane, Oscar and Broner. Broner and Shane would look like they were nailed to the ground compared to Camacho. Oscar would be competitive and maybe get an upset based on size.

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
            The only guy I see him beating is Whitaker, who is featherfisted. I cant believe people are already putting Broner up with those names.
            Whitaker is the best fighter out of all those named.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
              The only guy I see him beating is Whitaker, who is featherfisted. I cant believe people are already putting Broner up with those names.
              You have no clue to who Whitaker was or the wizard he was . He was everything Camacho was times 100.

Comment

Pernell did more with less than Hector imo. I think he doesn't beat Shane and Floyd (not like they destroy him...but I feel both were special at 135, resumes aside and could beat him based off styles). Oscar I'm not sure of... Pernell either. Though...stylistically I think he has the best shot at beating Pernell (so I agree with one of the posters). That's not to say I believe the other three are better than Pernell, but just style wise imo.

Camacho was fast as all s hit and Shane is probably the only one who could match the athleticism. Still, I think Floyd would have systematically broken him down after maybe looking bad for a round or two early on...Shane would have gone right at him and probably KOd him (imo). Pernell and Camacho would probably make each other look bad at times, Camacho with his fast feet and combinations would probably keep Pernell busy defensively and would win a decision. Camacho was so fast on his feet that even when Pernell makes him look bad defensively, more often than not he'd be able to get away before Pernell could retaliate with punches. Camacho wasn't exactly feather fisted... but I think he hit harder than Pernell and was faster than him in all aspects (maybe not reflexes...of course...)

Honestly, that's all speculation. Camacho was a stud against lesser fighters... but wasn't exactly as dazzling against all the upper dudes he fought.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                  So he'd beat Floyd Whitaker de la Hoya but maybe not shane? If passed prime camacho could last the distance with a prime de la Hoya then he'd be able to escape Shane and his inexperience at 135 maybe even beat him. I haven't seen a bunch of prime camacho but Shane I have yeah he walked threw everything he fought but none of those guys were on camacho's level.

But I disagree with the Floyd and Whitaker comment.
                  shane was a monster puncher at that weight. while oscar wasn't a slouch, he was still as i said, relatively green.

as far as floyd and whitaker that's fine. its not like it would have been a cake walk for any of these guys. none of these guys have ever seen anything like camacho, but that isn't to say these guys are lesser fighters.
                  Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 11-23-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                    You have no clue to who Whitaker was or the wizard he was . He was everything Camacho was times 100.
                    a complete exaggeration. macho had about as much power as pea, but to say he was a hundred times better is hyperbole at its best.

Comment

a complete exaggeration. macho had about as much power as pea, but to say he was a hundred times better is hyperbole at its best.
                      Pea was better than Camacho, tho. In fact, much much better at everything, except hand/footspeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X