No announcement yet.

Ive seen some posters who think you have to jump divisions to be p4p#1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackhat View Post
    it really depends on the competition, may i ask how high did you have joe calzaghe in your p4p list before he retired?
    #2.................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dough View Post
      Hagler had like 67 fights and won over 60 of them plus had a ko ratin of ova 80%. Dis Ward guy beat a few good guys ova da span of 2 years, it ain't even close to bein da same. Some of da names on Hagla's resume are considered atg's while da names on Ward's resume is no where to be found in the boxin greats archives.

Hagla was knocking guys out while dis Ward hugs and headbutts most of em to death.
      well ward isnt retired nor are the fighters he beat so how would any of them be atg's?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I agree but if you have a guy that's dominated top competition in multiple divisions versus a guy that dominated top competition in one division, the guy thats dominated multiple divisions should be ranked higher, all else equal.

Let's look at the Ring Magazine P4P kings:

1990-1992: Chavez - multiple division champion
        1993-1995: Whitaker - multiple division champion
        1996,1999, 2003: Jones Jr. - multiple division champion
        1998: De La Hoya - multiple division champion
        2000-2001: Shane Mosley - multiple division champion
        2004: Bernard Hopkins - middleweight champion
        2005-present: Mayweather/Pacquiao - multiple division champions

The only p4p king that wasn't a multiple division champion at the time he was ranked was Hopkins and he had to make an unprecedented run with 20 title defenses in order to claim that title.
        this right here ^^^

Comment

It's better thinking than your warped views. You seem to think ward should unify with guys that are **** just because they have a meaningless belt.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            It's better thinking than your warped views. You seem to think ward should unify with guys that are **** just because they have a meaningless belt.
            so Froch and Abraham are **** now?

Comment

Only because Roy Jones got KOed and Floyd Mayweather didn't have the resume to take #1

For me, draining the fighter a weight class above you to fight is not p4p caliber at all. He's a very good fighter but he has 3 big wins, 2 if you take into account Dawson looked dead at the weight.
              Last edited by RichCCFC; 09-20-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
                so Froch and Abraham are **** now?
                Now?! They have always been ****. Lets have a fight with 2 fighters I've already dominated just because they have a belt. Gtfo with that ****

Comment

People look at accomplishments and dominating different weight divisions is a pretty big accomplishment.

But PBP's post on the first page pretty much summed it all up.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC
                    Only because Roy Jones got KOed and Floyd Mayweather didn't have the resume to take #1

For me, draining the fighter a weight class above you to fight is not p4p caliber at all. He's a very good fighter but he has 3 big wins, 2 if you take into account Dawson looked dead at the eight.
                    This right here. If you wanna be great you have to set challenges for yourself. Dawson tried to do it but failed cause his body didnt allow him too.

I would not put Ward over Floyd cause Floyd has accomplished more in more divisions.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post

For me, draining the fighter a weight class above you to fight is not p4p caliber at all. He's a very good fighter but he has 3 big wins, 2 if you take into account Dawson looked dead at the weight.
                      How did he drain Dawson?

Comment

Working...
                      X