Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can haye reinvent the HW dvision when hes retiring in october?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can haye reinvent the HW dvision when hes retiring in october?

Think about it. Lets say he does beat wlad, and dare i say vitali. The dude clzaims hes retiring in october, so he would have to vacate the belts. So then they will go back to the k bros to batter everyone.

it really doesnt add up, surely to reinvent the HW division he would have to have a string of defences as well???

He likely means bringing excitement to the division while he's at it.

The HW division right now? It's on life support.

There's really not much else he can do besides go away for a while and return to fight the next champ (whoever that is) if he chooses.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      Think about it. Lets say he does beat wlad, and dare i say vitali. The dude clzaims hes retiring in october, so he would have to vacate the belts. So then they will go back to the k bros to batter everyone.

it really doesnt add up, surely to reinvent the HW division he would have to have a string of defences as well???
      Well obviously. That's something that's baffled me for years now (since Haye's retirement was known about way in advance). Actually "baffled" is the wrong word; "amused" at Haye's fans gobbling it up and regurgitating it without ever questioning the logic of his words would be more accurate.

"I'm gonna rid the world of the Klitschkos!!"

Mate, you couldn't even rid the world of Audley Harrison.

Comment

All fighters cry retirement if he wins he will start making major loot and will go no where,unless he is like Calzaghe and has enough of an ego to think he is an all time great by beating a past prime champion.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
          He likely means bringing excitement to the division while he's at it.

The HW division right now? It's on life support.

There's really not much else he can do besides go away for a while and return to fight the next champ (whoever that is) if he chooses.
          lets say he ssparks out the k bros in the most amazing fashion. He then retires, its like a shooting star, great for while it lasted, but he will then vacaste and then the HW division will be back to the klitscko dominance.

Face it, the whole thing is a con even if Haye wins...no heavyweight division getting more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            All fighters cry retirement if he wins he will start making major loot and will go no where,unless he is like Calzaghe and has enough of an ego to think he is an all time great by beating a past prime champion.
            Haye's always said that Klitschko would be a good win, but his resume will never measure up as ATG worthy.

I think he will retire. There's no where else to go after beating Wladimir. The rest of the division is terrible to say the least. Vitali would be a decent fight but I don't think that will happen before Haye's retirement deadline.

I have no problem with him retiring after Wlad. If he was in a stacked division I would feel different, but he's not, and there's literally nowhere else to go if he beats Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
              Haye's always said that Klitschko would be a good win, but his resume will never measure up as ATG worthy.

I think he will retire. There's no where else to go after beating Wladimir. The rest of the division is terrible to say the least. Vitali would be a decent fight but I don't think that will happen before Haye's retirement deadline.

I have no problem with him retiring after Wlad. If he was in a stacked division I would feel different, but he's not, and there's literally nowhere else to go if he beats Wlad.
              I would drool for a Haye Adamek fight.......

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post

aka you know he would get destroyed by vitali....

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                  aka you know he would get destroyed by vitali....
                  This will be the typical Klitschko fan response if Haye knocks out Wladimir.

Comment

I agree, because the worst thing that could happen is Haye beating both brothers, retiring and then handing the division back to the brothers.

Unless of course, suddenly every fighter who fights a Klitschko has a new lease of confidence and fights like they want to destroy them. Then we might get some excitement..

Comment

Working...
                    X