No announcement yet.

I could really use an honest opinion about an incident that happened today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
    LOl to me you came off like a pussy, why get out the car if you arent going to do anything? 2nd you gonna get seriously hurt or killed one day and possibly get your child seriously hurt/killed, and had the cops came you would have been the only one going to jail.

Me I dont get into confrontation, I get into altercations, BIG DIFFERENCE. If I step out the car these hands are flying no ands ifs or buts about it, im not talking and nothing anyone can say gonna stop me, HELL ITS HOW I GOT SHOT! IDGAF i punked fools who had straps my whole life so no biggie just this fool was down to pull the trigger, it happens and can happen to you and your son can catch a stray in the process all cause you think you know karate lmfao calm your ass down cause all you did was expose yourself to your son as some weak motherfucker lol, he saw you get into a shouting and shoving match lmfao he seen that type of shit in middle school now hes in HIGHSCHOOL where he seen dudes actually throw down for theirs so what you just did was just some lame shit that did nothing positive for you imo.
    So I should have decked him? I mean in principle I agree with you and Ef Panda...If I get out of the car its on. But it would have been worse to lay him out because he was not throwing hands...He was the aggressor, grabbing at my door, etc until I got out of the car.

I have to take your critiscism on the nose though: Even though it took quite a bit not to lay him out, it is my policy to not exit unless its going to get ugly that way.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Insanely idiotic thing to do and even worse in front of you kid.

The chance of being harmed and/or arrested for engaging in unnecessary confrontations is not worth the risk.

What if the guy had a knife or gun and he attacked you? Do you think stopping is worth that risk?

What if you had just drove off and ignored the dude?
      Did you read the thread? I could not drive off. I also knew he was not packing.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Did you read the thread? I could not drive off. I also knew he was not packing.
        You were in a car, he was on a bike. You couldn't drive off? Really?

Comment

Part 2: What would you do? see below

The general consensus is that I was an idiot. this makes me feel great because I can now hear how people would handle the situation and learn from it! lets take it from the last part of the confrontation shall we? The question is, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

So here is the last part of the confrontation that I was dealing with:

The guy was grabbing at my door, yelling obscenities. The street was a small one so I pulled over to the opposite lane of traffic (no one was coming) and that is when I told him I was coming out of the car, to which he suddenly got scared and said "no no don't come out." I should say that by pulling to the left I could open the door directly and not involve my son.

To me this would have been a point where I could have tried to drive away. no guarantee that he would not start again, but I could have tried at least... I get that.

Also I had looked I knew what he had on him, etc. I knew he was not armed for chrisake.

So tell me wise ones? WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            You were in a car, he was on a bike. You couldn't drive off? Really?
            On a sidestreet, where he is grabbing my door, should I have sped away and risked another problem? Read below there is a description of that part of the situation and you can tell me how you would have handled it Gandi.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
              Lol, you're going to get shot someday. That could just as easily have been a guy with a gun on a bad day. But yeah, you're a hothead in general. That's not the behavior of a level-headed person.
              ^^^^^^^^ this. This comment needs to be the only comment.

You got fing kids man. Why died over stupid stuff. Karate, mma, boxing is pointless to a bullet.

And you pushed him first ? This guy is bugging.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
                You committed an assault on him .Everyone is different I don’t put my hands on anyone unless I’m going to throw down I assume everyone is armed like me.You got your kid with you why would you provoke a possible violent situation.
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Bad move man.

What you have to do if you pull over is refrain from going to him. Step away from the car and have him come over to you. That eliminates any chances of you being arrested for assault.

I agree some of these people need to be taught a lesson, but always keep legality in your mind at all times. We don't need any more fatherless homes.

Comment

On a sidestreet, where he is grabbing my door, should I have sped away and risked another problem? Read below there is a description of that part of the situation and you can tell me how you would have handled it Gandi.
                    I honestly don't believe that you could not have simply drove off before it escalated to that degree.

In my twenties I used to have this same cavalier attitude and got into a couple round rage incidents. But after careful introspection, I came to the conclusion - what is the point? To show another guy who's more alpha? How does that help me in life?

Also, I came to the realization that there are a lot of crazy people in this country that have nothing to lose and wouldn't think twice about trying to enact violence on me.

Now, I try to avoid all confrontation with other drivers or people on the road.
                    For me, I have too much to lose and nothing to prove to someone I don't even know. I've also slowed down and become a more mellow driver.

Comment

The general consensus is that I was an idiot. this makes me feel great because I can now hear how people would handle the situation and learn from it! lets take it from the last part of the confrontation shall we? The question is, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

So here is the last part of the confrontation that I was dealing with:

The guy was grabbing at my door, yelling obscenities. The street was a small one so I pulled over to the opposite lane of traffic (no one was coming) and that is when I told him I was coming out of the car, to which he suddenly got scared and said "no no don't come out." I should say that by pulling to the left I could open the door directly and not involve my son.

To me this would have been a point where I could have tried to drive away. no guarantee that he would not start again, but I could have tried at least... I get that.

Also I had looked I knew what he had on him, etc. I knew he was not armed for chrisake.

So tell me wise ones? WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?
                      Wait, the dude was touching your vehicle?

I would have definitely put him away then. Crack him a few times, help him up and ask him if he understood what he did wrong.

If anything legally worries you, such as some libtard recording or him yelling that he's going to call the cops, make sure YOU CALL THE POLICE as well.

If Police show up to question you, ALWAYS have correct mentality when dealing with the police. When they approach you, "Hey, Officer. Sorry about you having to deal with this. He made a big mistake. Not sure what the hell went through his mind for him to start grabbing at my car door. But I definitely taught him a lesson he won't forget. I'm not pressing charges or anything."

That's just an example. Always act like you're 100% in the right in a very calm and friendly demeanor and help the police out anyway you can.
                      Last edited by Lomadeaux; 07-19-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X