Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you really think Floyd never watches footage.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think he does, but maybe not to any great length. i reckon roger studies the opponents and gets to know them inside out. roger really knows his stuff i wouldnt be suprised if he know the opponents style anyways just from watching them throughout the years.

Comment

he probably watches footage of himself....c0cky bastard

Comment

He mocked Hatton's mitt work from 24/7 as obviously Hatton wouldn't be doing pad work in an actual fight so that answers that portion.

As to whether he watches film no one outside of his circle would know for true, but I reckon he just watches their fights and can see things while watching, but trusts Roger and his dad to watch the fighters in more depth so as not to put too many things in his mind, because as he said "Once the fighter is in the ring they are different".

No point obsessing too much over what your opponent did against other guys, e.g. how useful would it be for Mayweather to keep watching Pacquiao vs Clottey? That fight would just make him think Pacquaio would love to just stand there throwing punches constantly, etc.

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        he probably watches footage of himself....c0cky bastard
        Probably lol

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow 787 View Post
          Im not being sarcastic , I probably will get called either a ***** or a *******. Who cares. I really cants stand mayweather , even tho I think he is the best fighter in the planet. Skill wise , as for style , Pac might upset him. Who knows , who cares thats not the topic.

Do you really believe he doesnt watch footage of his opponents. I thought about it , and actually I think thats why he is close to perfection in executing his fight. Ok it might sound crazy. But think about it.

When u have an opponent u dont really know , and u know nothing about , and Floyd having that ego , self proclaimed character he has , where you have to think he is really mentally strong. I think he goes about his plan smooth , without regard for his opponent. Like he has never seen them before.Like he doesnt care. is almost like he knows he is the better fighter , so he just trains , gets better , keeps in shape , and is so good , that he makes it his fight , without thinking of the opponents weaknesses or strengths. And maybe its because he really doesnt watch any footage. I know the 24/7 with hatton really contradicts this , because we saw him clowning on Hatton hitting the mitts.

What do you think?
          He definitely watches fights live.

Comment

It's obvious Floydie watches footages of his rival, just look at what he is doing now.
            For too many screening of Pacquiao's fight, he has this fear of Manny that he and his team concocted this PED accusation.

Comment

Obviously Floyd watches live boxing fights, that's because he part of boxing & is a big fan but what Floyd said is he doesn't watch fights of his opponents to STUDY THEM for his fight because they will come in with a completely different manner & style against Floyd from their previous bouts.

Comment

He watches fights live. To say he watches no opponents or possible future opponents is to say that he lives under a rock.

Comment

If he doesn't watch the footage it's because he has a lot of trust in his trainer and corner men which he obviously does because it's family, leave them to do the analysis and what not so Floyd can focus 100% on training and also so that his thoughts on how to fight his opponent don't get mixed in with his trainers, it's his trainers job to know how to fight his opponent and he is going to know how to go about fighting a certain style more then Floyd is.

If you catch my drift, I may have worded it a bit confusingly

Edit; Spelling.
                  Last edited by NChristo; 06-14-2010, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I used to think he must watch tapes very carefully, but the difference in how he fights early and late is huge, so maybe he actaully does not watch them. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                      If he doesn't watch the footage it's because he obviously has a lot of trust in his trainer and corner men which he obviously does because it's family, leave them to do the analysis and what to do so Floyd can focus 100% on training and also so that his thoughts on how to fight his opponent don't get mixed in with his trainers, it's his trainers job to know how to fight his opponent and is going to know how to go about fighting a certain style more then Floyd is.

If you catch my drift, I may have worded it a bit confusingly
                      I understand exactly what u mean

Comment

Working...
                      X