No announcement yet.

AN EASY 30k!!!! Help me pleasse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AN EASY 30k!!!! Help me pleasse

I am currently moving up in weight class and need to find the best way to bulk gaining pure muscle while lowering my body fat. Like david haye did, like RJJ did when he moved up to HW, etc. The person to give me the most beneficial info will get 30k. Thanks

You'll probably get 250k responses but really....

Go buy a weight gainer, take that supplement and then work your ass off. You'll have to work alot harder than normal(110%) to burn the extra calories and keep from just putting on useless size.

Continue doing your normal boxing work outs but put alot more effort into them, because like I said, you'll want to burn the extra calories. Add some weight lifting routines. Explosive weight lifting though. None of that down slow, up slow for 1hr. I'm talking down moderate, explode up. Completing your work out in the shortest amount of time possible. Low weight, many reps(endurance). High weight, low reps(explosive power).

You'll put on the weight you want quickly and the right type of muscle. Specially if you keep up with your regular boxing workouts.

Monitor your gains though, don't just take a bunch of the supplement and go nuts with it. You might put on too much weight. Monitor/record everything.
    Last edited by F l i c k e r; 06-01-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

step 1: get your Active Metabolic Rate (AMR) This is the amount of calories you expend after exercises and moving around each day.

step 2: consume 500 calories above this every day. ( this will create a weight gain of about 1 pound per week. 3500 calories = 1 pound), any more than this and it will be mostly fat you are gaining, you will still gain fat. Even roid users struggle to add 15lb in a year who go to the weights gym every day.

step 3: Make sure you are consuming at least 1 gram of protein per pound of your lean body mass. so to get this, work out your weight and fat %. Subtract your fat % from your overall weight to get your weight without fat. Use Whey Protein powder to get the required amount of protein as it will be hard to eat that much from whole foods

Add a basic weight training routine onsisting mostly of squats, deadlifts and bench presses with free weights. Stay away from machines. Do this 2-3 times a week. there are lots of core strength routines online. ( add calories expended here to your AMR you calculated b4.

You will gradually gain size. If you try to do it too quickly you will just get fat. You might want to video yourself sparring so you will know if you are losing too much speed as you go on this voyage of crazyness.

I wouldnt work any harder than you are already as you need extra calories to put on weight, and also you will just over train and get injured and your perfomance will go down.

Alot of boxers who move up in weight do so because they cannot make the weight anymore and have outgrown it with age.

Haye outgrew Cruiserweight and RJJ probably juiced to get to 193lb so quickly without fat.
      Last edited by southpoor; 06-02-2010, 06:40 AM.

Comment

i started similar thread some time ago

maybe it will help you just a lil bit

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265029

Comment

Eat More Calories + Heavy Compound Exercises

Comment

i think this will help

http://boxingequipment247.com/2009/0...scle-building/

Comment

none of that is really what I was asking for, thanks though. But I want to know what workout routine those fighters did (weight wise) and also nutrition wise. Points will be sent to all of your for your effort though. thanks

Comment

Jones and Haye made use of a diet consisting of a boosted calorie and protein intake (start at 500 calories and work up if you aren't gaining, aim for about a gram of protein per lb of bodyweight.) The idea way to meet this is through lean meats, eggs, milk, fruit, veg, cereals, brown pasta, yoghurt etc. Nice and natural stuff.

In terms of lifting you need to be using compound movements to target large groups of muscles; so squats, deadlifts, presses etc. For gaining mass you should be looking to do 3 sets of about 5-8 reps per exercise. Rest is as important as training, so look into a 3 day split such as Rippetoes Starting Strength.

On top of this you should be doing cardio 3x a week, I highly advise HIIT, as it is fantastic for fat loss, and is great for honing a good explosive circulatory system.

Make sure you warm up properly, and spend a good 15 minutes stretching before and after workouts to maintain suppleness and increase bloodflow into worked areas.

To further keep your speed you should maintain your boxing training during this, but also remebmer the best way to gain mass is over time. Especially given that to move up in boxing you only really need to add a few lbs - do it safely, healthily and properly, and you'll maintain MOST of your speed as you move up (you WILL lose some no matter how well you make the transition).

Comment

A good place to ask this kind of question would be www.bodybuilding.com and check the forums.. Also rosstraining is a good resource to use. I highly recommend buying the book "Infinite Intensity". I actually own that book and it has a lot of exercises that are sport-specific (boxing/mma). Make sure you're getting enough clean calories, sleep a lot, work your ass off and it'd be good to have a food journal/log to record your caloric intake.

What does your diet look like and your training regiment? Just curious.

I know i'm not that helpful but whatever lol

Comment

Working...
                  X