Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan, Lopez Falls Through on Weight: Maidana Steps In?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    BoxingScene.com has been advised that a potential fight between Amir Khan (27-3, 19KOs) and Josesito Lopez (30-5, 18KOs) is a "no-go" due to weight. Khan has a set date on Showtime for April 20th. He would like to stage that match in the UK, where he has not fought since April 2011.

Lopez, who last fought at junior middleweight for his match with Saul Alvarez last September, was open to the idea of meeting Khan at a catch-weight of 145 - and Khan was looking for something much closer to the junior welterweight limit of 140.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    personally, I would've liked to see Khan fight Lopez at 140 because we know the rematch with Danny is no more than one more showcase away....Khan could box Lopez ears off and would get props for it...Soto is solid but he's naturally a smaller dude...the speed and power of AK should chop him up early...Khan stopping him depends on if Khan is gun shy or not....if we know he gets hit with counters reguarly, then he must know as well....once Khan gets his armor upgraded...he's gonna be a SERIOUS problem for ANYBODY....the heart and talent is there

Comment

Why does khan keep trying to weight drain his opponents. First Senchenko now this.

Comment

this wouldve been a very good fight. they are the same .

Comment

Lopez-Maidana will be WAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
            Why does khan keep trying to weight drain his opponents. First Senchenko now this.
            What do you mean, 'keep'?

Only three fights ago Lopez was at 140.

Senchenko would have been at an agreed catch-weight.

Take your hate elsewhere, man.

Comment

Khan has stated he will stay at 140 a lil longer. Lopez only had 2 fights above 140 and looked fat as **** at 154.

If that is weight drained then **** it.

Comment

I'm surprised since Lopez is on record saying he'd take the Khan fight @ 140.

Lopez vs El Chino has a classic written all over it, love to see that fight. I guess Soto is not that bad of a fight for Khan but still kind of disappointing.

Comment

"I'm ready to beat Mayweather, take over 147 and Boxing. He's knows I can beat him. I am the biggest threat to him and I believe I am the best pound for pound boxer in the world" - Khan [before Garcia]

"I don't want to fight above 140." - Khan [after Garcia]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    personally, I would've liked to see Khan fight Lopez at 140 because we know the rematch with Danny is no more than one more showcase away....Khan could box Lopez ears off and would get props for it...Soto is solid but he's naturally a smaller dude...the speed and power of AK should chop him up early...Khan stopping him depends on if Khan is gun shy or not....if we know he gets hit with counters reguarly, then he must know as well....once Khan gets his armor upgraded...he's gonna be a SERIOUS problem for ANYBODY....the heart and talent is there
                    IDK how much credit I could give Khan after beating Lopez, a guy who just took a beating @154 and now is being coerced into fighting at/near 140. Realistically, Khan is capable of beating Lopez @147, he's just flexing his political muscle. I would pick Khan @140 because I think the weight-jumping will affect Lopez, and I think Team Khan has the same suspicion. It's become clear that Khan isn't interested in proving himself, he only cares about putting himself in the most favorable position while taking the least amount of risk. If he wanted to prove something, he would fight Matthysse, that simple.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 02-12-2013, 09:47 AM.

Comment

**** khan!!

Maidana vs Lopez its da real fight!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X