No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the myth mexicans...

Do people really believe Floyd needs a mexican to sell high ppv numbers? Mexicans are not the ones buying ALL the ppvs.
    Out of the top ten ppvs of all time, seven do not include mexicans at all (except ortiz and no one paid to see victor ortiz). One was manny vs marquez and we all know who every one paid to see. The other two were de la hoya who has a huge american following. And oscar did his best when he fought...... Floyd.
    Floyd is an attraction. Lets get past the nonsense and evolve out of trolling. Canelo isnt selling A ppv, he's free.
    Chavez is a huge mexican star and only sold 475k on Mexican independence day. And I bought it for sergio.

i think mayweather banks more on the "haters" paying to see the fight he creates an aura of arrogance thats kinda easy to hate and sells it on 24/7 and a lot of people tune in just to see if he can get his 0 taken i feel like at least thats why a lot of people who dont watch boxing normally have talked about mayweather fights they want to see him lose cause hes arrogant and ****y and cause i think they are partially racist

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
      i think mayweather banks more on the "haters" paying to see the fight he creates an aura of arrogance thats kinda easy to hate and sells it on 24/7 and a lot of people tune in just to see if he can get his 0 taken i feel like at least thats why a lot of people who dont watch boxing normally have talked about mayweather fights they want to see him lose cause hes arrogant and ****y and cause i think they are partially racist
      This has a lot more to do with it then a certain racial demographic.

Comment

What most fans don't understand is that when you have a super star like Floyd, he can sell PPV's no doubt but....

He can't sell the numbers he wants alone, nobody can. You need a quality opponent to sell big numbers. It's the very reason Floyd vs Oscar did record numbers, because both were huge names.

Canelo and Jr are big names on the scene, they are gaining popularity and even in his loss, Jr gained a lot of followers with what he did vs Martinez.

Floyd is the bigger name but in order to really bring in big numbers, a viable opponent has to be found. Floyd can't sell 1 million PPV's vs just anyone off the street.

Plus, lets be real here, Mexican fans are the best, most loyal and the ones who go to the fights more than any other group so boxing will cater to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          What most fans don't understand is that when you have a super star like Floyd, he can sell PPV's no doubt but....

He can't sell the numbers he wants alone, nobody can. You need a quality opponent to sell big numbers. It's the very reason Floyd vs Oscar did record numbers, because both were huge names.
          i dont know if i would say nobody Mike Tyson once said he "could sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating" lol but IMO Floyd picks an opponent he sees flaws in he can counter easily but the general public sees the opponent as having a good chance and Floyd mostly sells the fight based on his showmanship and being a spokesman on 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
            i dont know if i would say nobody Mike Tyson once said he "could sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating" lol but IMO Floyd picks an opponent he sees flaws in he can counter easily but the general public sees the opponent as having a good chance and Floyd mostly sells the fight based on his showmanship and being a spokesman on 24/7
            PPV numbers are different than selling out an arena. Many Mexican fighters can sell out an arena, it's the PPV numbers that will dictate who the promoters will choose.

As big as Floyd is, the numbers he would have done vs Pac if that fight ever happened, would have been historic and you can't attribute that to just one fighter.

My point is that when fans talk nonsense about who sold more and so on, they are just talking nonsense because at the end of the day, you need two popular fighters to make a big time PPV. Floyd is not going to do huge numbers fighting Guerrero. He will do good numbers but not Oscar or Pac numbers and where he is in boxing, that's all he wants to do.

Comment

Let's see lil Floyd sell 1mill+ on Martin Luther King Day with no Canelo on the undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                Let's see lil Floyd sell 1mill+ on Martin Luther King Day with no Canelo on the undercard.
                Huh?????? You know martin luther king day is always on a monday right? And with out floyd canelo is free on showtime or hbo

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  PPV numbers are different than selling out an arena. Many Mexican fighters can sell out an arena, it's the PPV numbers that will dictate who the promoters will choose.

As big as Floyd is, the numbers he would have done vs Pac if that fight ever happened, would have been historic and you can't attribute that to just one fighter.

My point is that when fans talk nonsense about who sold more and so on, they are just talking nonsense because at the end of the day, you need two popular fighters to make a big time PPV. Floyd is not going to do huge numbers fighting Guerrero. He will do good numbers but not Oscar or Pac numbers and where he is in boxing, that's all he wants to do.
                  You dont think guerrero is just as popular as ortiz was? Niether one is or was a big star.

Comment

Lol huge PPV star Floyd in the last 4 years has fought Cotto on Cinco de Mayo (w Canelo on the undercard), Mexican-American Ortiz on Mexican Independence Day, Mosley on Cinco de Mayo (w Canelo on the undercard), JMM on Mexican Independence Day, *2008 retirement*, DLH on Cinco de Mayo, and Hatton (a HUGE draw).

Accept it, carnalitos. Lil' Floyd is not the big PPV star you think he is. He needs assistance every single time he fights. Of course, he'll take full credit for all the buys, tho.

Comment

Working...
                    X