Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Mex vs PR rivalry good for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony was on his way to winning the second fight.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      boxingscene still aint as bad as youtube..

but yeah the Mex/PR rivalry has been a blessing for boxing, and I always root for Latinos regardless and i aint nationalistic or anything but I just genuinely enjoy the way Latino boxers typically fight, ALL of us fight with so much heart and passion, yes that goes for our Puerto Rican brothers too even tho their boxing scene is in a bit of a drought right now tho...

Yea I always root for the Latino too, every boxer in the world say's they fight for their fans but it seem's like Latinos are the only ones that back it up.

Originally posted by cactusEG View Post
      I didnt even think that rivalry still lived ?

Oh yea, It's alive and kicking

Originally posted by citolindo View Post
      Of course it is. I cant wait for rios vs garcia if they ever fight. To cultures with alot of pride. Great for boxing.

Unfortunately that fight won't happen till Bob Arum croaks.

Comment

its a blessing imo, i mean promoters are mostly looking to match them up against each other and gives us great bouts like salido vs juanma

Comment

of course it is. what's a sport without the yankees / boston or redskins / cowgirls?

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            of course it is. what's a sport without the yankees / boston or redskins / cowgirls?
            How dare you use the word cowgirls...

When referring to the great Dallas Cowboys you use the proper words and make sure to capitalize the C !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              How dare you use the word cowgirls...

When referring to the great Dallas Cowboys you use the proper words and make sure to capitalize the C !!!!

I bet he's a Redskins fan

Last edited by UTEP; 11-29-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

The rivalry is good for boxing. The announcers and the promoters get on it too. It spice things up

Comment

Pretty dumb question IMO, its not like 80% of boxing fans even spend their time in boxingscene.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                    Pretty dumb question IMO, its not like 80% of boxing fans even spend their time in boxingscene.

Fuk off troll. Your opinion don't mean shyt anyway.

Comment

We run boxing! When a Mex & Rican get in the ring; it's a WAR.
                      It's good for the sport... Why? Because when we fight others... Too boring and not entertaining.

I respect the Ricans (expect the biased-cyber ones) they bring it and always give us a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X