No announcement yet.

Khan's most underrated punch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan's most underrated punch!

His right uppercut; It’s not a punch that knocks his opponents out but it sure does make them respect him it also stops them in their tracks and pretty much freezes them up. Look at the one he threw at Pauli, Maidana and at Peterson but for some reason no one really mentions it.

He doesn't throw it enough.

He has mentioned fighting more on the inside and pushing opponents back it would certainly make him a more dangerous fighter if he could. It would also make him more vulnerable though I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      He doesn't throw it enough.

He has mentioned fighting more on the inside and pushing opponents back it would certainly make him a more dangerous fighter if he could. It would also make him more vulnerable though I would imagine.
      True that! But when he does it's very effective.

Comment

Disagree. Khan is a volume puncher, who smothers his opponents with speed and punchs from different angles. His power is not his great advantage.

In my point of view, Saul Alvarez is the most under rated puncher. He throws his punch to go through the target, compared to most who punch at the target. He has great hands, power and speed.

Comment

The uppercut caugt Maidana and Peterson late and stopped them in their tracks a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            Disagree. Khan is a volume puncher, who smothers his opponents with speed and punchs from different angles. His power is not his great advantage.

In my point of view, Saul Alvarez is the most under rated puncher. He throws his punch to go through the target, compared to most who punch at the target. He has great hands, power and speed.

I'm not talking about him being a power puncher, he's far from it, I'm talking about how underrated his uppercut is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadon View Post
              The uppercut caugt Maidana and Peterson late and stopped them in their tracks a bit.
              Exactly....

Comment

I just watched the Behind The Ropes video and he threw some mean uppercuts in there as well while sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadon View Post
                  exactly what i was going to say. He had both these guys dazed with uppercuts late in the fight. For Some reason khan doesn't follow up with a flurry probably because he himself is gassed in the later rounds

Comment

Working...
                  X