No announcement yet.

False Indignation of Al Bernstein and Rest of Showtime Crew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbp23 View Post
    I will be the first to say that the ref missed that call in the 11th rd. It was a low blow, not a knockdown, but just because this one shot was low it does not mean all of the other shots were low. However if you look closely most of the so-called low blows were definitley on the belt line. Al Berstein, which has always been a terrible boxing commentator, was totally out of line and just plain ignorant of the rules. For example his righteous indignation of as he called it an obvious low low, but when showed on replay it was obviously on the belt, and Berstein knew it as he hesitated and backed off his comments made prior to the replay. Second, if the Showtime crew actually knew what they are talking about, when the ref constantly pointed out to Agbeko that his pulling of Mares head down was causing the body shots to stray low and the ref was correct in pointing that out to Agbeko. And the stupidity of Bernstein, Tarver, and the rest of the showtime crew incorrectly stated that the ref was only warning Agbeko against pulling Mares head down and not warning Mares when in reality the ref was explaining why the blows were straying low and why he was not taking points away. If you look back at the so-called low blows that Showtime kept complaining about most were on the belt line, which is legal, others were caused by Agbeko pulling Mares head down while he was attempting body punches this causing the the punches to stray low also these shots that did go low for whatever reason were not extreme fouls, they were not all in the cup, but most around the belt line.

The Showtime boxing crew, which I always have thought to be just about wrong on everything. This is the same crew who was announcing how great Mayorga was doing against Cotto. They constantly proclaimed how good he was doing when he lost just about every rd. before he quit. There excuse was Mayorga's glove was hit by Cotto's glove which caused a severe injury which made Mayorga have to quit the fight. How ridiculous is that. Not to mention Al Bernstein's constant ass kissing of Tarver.

Showtime needs to re-read the rules. Punches on the belt are legal! when a fighter is throwing a body shot and the other fighter is pulling his head down at the same time a point should not be deducted! I for one do not want a fight being decided by the ref and this ref tried to let the fighters decide it for themselves. If the Showtime crew had it their way a disqualification would of happened before the 5th rd. and who would of been satisfied with that. I doubt the people who paid to see the fight would of been very happy.
    No offense but lay off the rock brah. They robbed this dude by allowing the opponent to lowblow him an average of 2 punches a rd. The replay clearly showed it was on the cup and the re acted like he saw it from a different angle and it looked legit. .............maybe that's why the ref was sweating so much when confronted with his inadequate judgement calls.

Comment

Just because a punch lands on the trunks it does not automatically make it a low blow. It seems that Showtime saw the punches landing on the trunks and automatically assuming they were low, but on replay it showed the punches were on the belt line. That is why Agbeko initially did not complain, but he later caught on and started acting a bit trying to get a point deduction. Just go back and look and if you a dvr then look at most of the body shots proclaimed to be low, they were indeed on the belt line. i did this and most punches that seemed low were actually on the belt line or caused by Agbeko pulling Mares head down.

Look what happened when Showtime actually dissected a punch that they claimed to be a deliberate, awful low blow. On repplay it was perfectly palced on the belt line and Bernstein was very hesitant to to correct his initial opinion.

Comment

Your post is being read on a radio show for how awful it is.

Comment

when a Broadcasting team is Biased people complain, when they try to be UNBIASED....PEOPLE STILL FUKIN COMPLAIN

Showtime did a great job calling those Low Blows out, but they also pointed out how well Mares was doing the entire fight and they was giving Agbeko credit for battling back

but those Low Blows COULDN'T BE IGNORED...UNLESS your a Mares fans and only care about him winning ANY WAY POSSIBLE!

Comment

You must be an inbred Mexican its the only possible explanation you are that biased and dumb.

Comment

This was at the embarrassment level of the PW-Lara judging and quite possibly worse. I love the sport of boxing, but this is the kind of stuff that makes me want to stop watching. I couldn't even attempt to count the number of low blows landed if I wanted to, and that "knockdown" might be a new all time low for me in the sport of boxing. Anyone defending this is either an idiot of the highest order or a completely blind homer of Mares.

Comment

Lol.lololololol.

Comment

Did you see the FNF a couple weeks ago with Miranda geting DQ for low blows and he throw about a quarter less than mares did tonight some were borderline but a whole helluva lot more weren't mares knew they were low this was pointed out by Darchiyan and he conitnued with his pattern so were all those shots just Imagined

mares is a classless fighter period.

Comment

Here is Mares in 2007 on Sports Science Lowblowing a dummy to measure his strenght. He has obviously trained low-blow shots and this is nothing new to him.

He is a proven cheater, just look at the video. He trains for this in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                      Here is Mares in 2007 on Sports Science Lowblowing a dummy to measure his strenght. He has obviously trained low-blow shots and this is nothing new to him.

He is a proven cheater, just look at the video. He trains for this in the gym.

Proof that Mares is a fraud.

Freaking Ironic is what this is.

Comment

Working...
                      X