No announcement yet.

Frank Warren disses AJ and Miller over potential fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Warren disses AJ and Miller over potential fight

Tyson Fury’s promoter Frank Warren has dismissed Anthony Joshua’s possible next opponent Jarrell Miller, declaring that he “means nothing” in his own country.

The veteran fight-maker is currently working on a rematch between his heavyweight Fury and WBC champion Deontay Wilder following their disputed December draw.

Meanwhile, Joshua’s representative Eddie Hearn has approached Fury with an alternative arrangement – proposing he fights Joshua on April 13 at Wembley – though Warren doesn’t expect this to come to fruition.

The 67-year-old told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on talkSPORT: “Regarding where we are with any negotiations with Hearn, I’ve not spoken to anybody from the Hearn camp.

“Eddie Hearn got in touch with Tyson and made a derisory offer and that was the last of it.

“It seems to me that they’ve lost the fight with Dillian Whyte, he’s been in the States talking to other promoters.

“He himself said he got a derisory offer, so I’m not sure whether they’re still going to go on April 13 at Wembley.

“And there’s talk of him fighting Jarrell Miller in the States, making his American debut, but Miller means nothing in America, he’s totally unknown.

Facts

Comment

There is some real beef between Warren and Hearn.

Comment

Originally posted by james240 View Post
        There is some real beef between Warren and Hearn.
        Warren has beef with every UK promoter, he always has. I don't know how he can talk **** about any promoters fights. He's probably put on the most main event mismatches than all the top promoters combined in the last 30 years.

Comment

Frank "Fish eyes" Warren is a cancer on the sport.

He has been taken to court repeatedly for failing to pay fighters.

He was knocked out by Mike Tyson for messing him about.

He threatened ************* with legal action due to posts questioning him and had his name censored so you couldn't even say it on the site.

He forces YouTube interviewers to give him editorial authority before posting his videos, censoring them

He trashes EVERY fighter who leaves him or refuses to sign for him.

The British fan base HATED Warren when he was running UK boxing, but seem to have forgotten about all his many, many crimes against the sport for some reason.

He's a vindictive, petty, bitter old man

Note that Eddie hearns is guilty of NONE of the above crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Warren has beef with every UK promoter, he always has. I don't know how he can talk **** about any promoters fights. He's probably put on the most main event mismatches than all the top promoters combined in the last 30 years.
            See my post

Fight fans have DAMN short memories

Warren was a **** for 30 years but that's all forgiven because Eddie Hearn didn't manage to get one fight across the line when they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              Facts
              Yep..........

Comment

He’s not wrong. I like Miller but he’s an absolute nobody in England and in the USA he’s only really known by hardcore fight fans (the guy is fantastic at promoting himself though)

Comment

Wilder won't fight AJ and Miller is the next best American Heavyweight. So if he wants to promote himself, who else does he fight?

Comment

Working...
                  X