Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Danny Williams rank among best British heavies of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Danny Williams rank among best British heavies of all time?

Seriously now. Top 20? 30? 40? I'm not sure. Let's have a look at his accomplishments.

2 time BBBofC British champion
    2 time Commonwealth (British Empire) champion
    1 time WBO Inter-Continental champion
    1 time WBU International champion

8 Commonwealth (British Empire) title defenses
    5 BBBofC British title defenses

1 time WBC title challenger
    1 time RING Magazine title challenger
    1 time EBU (European) title challenger
    1 time IBF Inter-Continental title challenger

Derailed the careers of Mike Tyson and Audley Harrison. Vitali Klitschko has never been the same since he stepped in the ring with him. Infact, back in the day, Vitali vacated the WBO Inter-Continental title rather that fight Danny.

Your thoughts?

Originally posted by Counterpunch View Post
    Seriously now. Top 20? 30? 40? I'm not sure. Let's have a look at his accomplishments.

2 time BBBofC British champion
    2 time Commonwealth (British Empire) champion
    1 time WBO Inter-Continental champion
    1 time WBU International champion

8 Commonwealth (British Empire) title defenses
    5 BBBofC British title defenses

1 time WBC title challenger
    1 time RING Magazine title challenger
    1 time EBU (European) title challenger
    1 time IBF Inter-Continental title challenger

Derailed the careers of Mike Tyson and Audley Harrison. Vitali Klitschko has never been the same since he stepped in the ring with him. Infact, back in the day, Vitali vacated the WBO Inter-Continental title rather that fight Danny.

Your thoughts?
    He's Up There.. Top 20.

Comment

Originally posted by Counterpunch
      Vitali Klitschko has never been the same since he stepped in the ring with him
      Erm what? Do you mean Danny Williams has never been the same since he stepped into the ring with Vitali?

Comment

Originally posted by TEDetc View Post
        Erm what? Do you mean Danny Williams has never been the same since he stepped into the ring with Vitali?
        Danny Williams retired Vitali. Its common knowledge, Vitali may have won the fight but the force of Dannys punches ripped a hole in the space-time continuum and caused Vitali to feel the true force of Dannys punches for a whole week after the fight.

Vitali decided there and then that he knew he had to retire and duck a rematch with Danny Williams rather than recieve another sustained beating.

Comment

Originally posted by The Womble Don View Post
          Danny Williams retired Vitali. Its common knowledge, Vitali may have won the fight but the force of Dannys punches ripped a hole in the space-time continuum and caused Vitali to feel the true force of Dannys punches for a whole week after the fight.

Vitali decided there and then that he knew he had to retire and duck a rematch with Danny Williams rather than recieve another sustained beating.
          I'm guessing you're joking? Not sure though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TEDetc View Post
            I'm guessing you're joking? Not sure though lol.
            You're not sure if he's joking. So you actually think that he thinks that Danny Williams can punch holes in the space time continuum. Okaaay.......

Comment

****in' hell Wire you posted in alot of threads this morning. And TEDetc, I was referring to the devastating injuries Danny afflicted on Vitali. The back, the knee, the neck etc. Plus he lost the election because of Danny Williams. Didn't you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Counterpunch View Post
                ****in' hell Wire you posted in alot of threads this morning. And TEDetc, I was referring to the devastating injuries Danny afflicted on Vitali. The back, the knee, the neck etc. Plus he lost the election because of Danny Williams. Didn't you know?
                Some people don't realise the power of the Williams machine.

Comment

top 10 heavys

Comment

behind lennox, bruno, bugner and henry cooper. that makes him top 5

Comment

Working...
                    X