Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could PACMAN do to be GOAT candidate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Oh, i see, thanks for clearing that up for me. They are better boxers than Pac, and better fighters, with better careers and resume?

Much appreciated for your knowledge.
    they are better in whatever sense you want to discuss it. manny is a 1st ballot HOF'er for sure. no one can take away what he accomplished nor can anyone change his failures. He has great wins and embarassing losses. He has moved up in weight to win titles and won catchweighted titles arranged by his promoter. while his diehard fans like you try to argue otherwise he wouldnt take a ped test to fight floyd and never insisted on ped testing until he got KTFO by JMM, a fight he only took because he wouldnt fight floyd and couldnt get Cotto in another CW. Frankly, manny is yesterday's news. But he will fight again and hopefully it will not be JMM 5.

boxing fans are discussing floyds move to CBS. why dont you try doing so as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      Lol.

If you rate Pacquiao in your top three, who are the other two? Floyd and JMM?

Lol...
      You based it on his whole resume! JMM & Floyd were way down there! Floyd need to man up! JMM need to fight more ATGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        What the record says? 2-1-1 for Pac! Pac will have his revenge soon!

Pac gave JMM a chance!! JMM wont even avenge his loss to Chris John!
        Pacquiao getting violently put to sleep by a *39* year old JMM is NOT a good look...

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest
          Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly_UG

Except Pacquiao was outclassed 4 times by the same fighter over a decade.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

What the record says? 2-1-1 for Pac! Pac will have his revenge soon!

Pac gave JMM a chance!! JMM wont even avenge his loss to Chris John!
          as a Filipino, its hard for me to watch a pacquiao marquez fight because marquez is clearly so much better than him lol

he's always a step ahead of Pac in every way. In the beginning Pac could make it through the fight on his heart and balls alone but that won't carry him against jmm anymore because his prime years are gone.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
            You based it on his whole resume! JMM & Floyd were way down there! Floyd need to man up! JMM need to fight more ATGs.
            Only a Pac Tard would have MP in the top 3 all time. There is no way in hell you can justify having Pacquiao that high based on his resume.

I will say this though, Pacquaio is the number 1 ATG in the catchweight category, no doubt...
            Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 02-19-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao getting violently put to sleep by a *39* year old JMM is NOT a good look...
              It was an exciting fight! Pac takes a risk for all us fans! He'll never be boring! You'll be a fan for life!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                pacquiao is already a GOAT candidate. in terms of achievements and cultural icon status, he's right up there with ali and srr. your question should be what can pacman do to solidify his claim as GOAT. one is to return the favor against marquez and the second is to deliver mayweather's first ever loss, preferably a ko
                this is a ridiculous response.

Comment

Only a Pac Tard would have MP in the top 3 all time. There is no way in hell you can justify having Pacquiao that high based on his resume.

I will say this though, Pacquaio is the number 1 ATG in the catchweight category, no doubt...

I ask the same question 5 yrs ago at ESB, when Pac was just done with MAB, EM & JMM! My critics said a 130 lbs Pac need to beat Cotto, margarito, hatton, and Floyd at 147 lbs to achieved it. Pac Did that!!! Only Floyd ducks!! That's why I cant say He's the top ATGs yet!

05-31-2008, 10:35 PM #9
                  PacDbest
                  Belt holder
                  ESB Addict

vCash: 1000 Default Re: If they retired today, where would you rank them as ATG's?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hatesrats
                  I won't make a long list with everyone but I'd place these fighter's IMO...
                  In terms of their ATG status # I don't know, but (1-5)

1. Oscar De La Hoya
                  2. Floyd Mayweather
                  3. Bernard Hopkins
                  4. Joe Calzaghe
                  5. Manny Pacquiao

Just looking at those fighters era. Only Pac has fought the best and at the same time Tops them all.

Oscar can't win the Big ones

PBF avoids the next best opponents.

Bhop was there but Didn't beat RJJ, Taylor and Calzaghe.

Calzaghe's undefeated but wasted a lot of years fighting no names. Just look at SRL-Hearns era, they fought each others when the were in their 20s. Beating 43 year old Bhop won't do it. He was a Champ for years and could have fought Bhop, RJJ and Tarver when these guys are on the top of P4P ratings.

Pac takes the best Flyweight at 19. Takes the best 122 titlest at 21-22 in 2 weeks notice, takes P4P top 5 MAB at 24. Takes EM at 26-28 yrs old. Now taking another wt class at age 29 and want to follow up another with Hatton at 140. Pac fought some easy opponents but not more than 2 consecutive fights. He did it only in in-between Big fights. And he is the busiest among those Great fighters.

Pac tops them all in ATGreatness. Because he fought Great fights against Great rivals and then beat them all.

Pac
                  DLH
                  PBF
                  Bhop
                  Calzaghe

Comment

Working...
                  X