Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder vs Stiverne purses (Stiverne won't get the step-aside money)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    He was making more than $4.5 mil? GTFOH you stupid ****.

Wilder has fought nobody.
    Your just a hater.The guy signed to fight 2 top 3-5 top guys.And they FAILED DRUG TESTS.Why just because your a big Joshua fan do you gotta hate Wilder and just make **** up.Be a Joshua fan!!(I am) Root like hell for him if they fight but why just bash the guy who prob will be a big part of his legacy will be built on one way or other.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      Your just a hater.The guy signed to fight 2 top 3-5 top guys.And they FAILED DRUG TESTS.Why just because your a big Joshua fan do you gotta hate Wilder and just make **** up.Be a Joshua fan!!(I am) Root like hell for him if they fight but why just bash the guy who prob will be a big part of his legacy will be built on one way or other.
      I'm not a big Joshua fan you silly ****. When i see ridiculous hype and bull**** i just feel the need to point it out. Wilder has done nothing to deserve the hype he's been getting the last few months.

Comment

As has already been explained, the deal with Stiverne was not a traditional step aside fee. Stiverne was offered $675,000 to fight Breazeale in a final eliminator, which as you can now see is more than Stiverne would have made fighting Wilder.

There's no step aside fee to pay Stiverne now because he's not stepping aside. The $675,000 was going to be his purse to fight Breazeale.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          As has already been explained, the deal with Stiverne was not a traditional step aside fee. Stiverne was offered $675,000 to fight Breazeale in a final eliminator, which as you can now see is more than Stiverne would have made fighting Wilder.

There's no step aside fee to pay Stiverne now because he's not stepping aside. The $675,000 was going to be his purse to fight Breazeale.
          So he was going to make more to fight a less known fighter in Breazeale than a well known and a more dangerous one in Wilder? Can’t work that one out.

Comment

Lmao wilder turned down 4m for this fight
            Mwhat a coward this guy is

A joke

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              So he was going to make more to fight a less known fighter in Breazeale than a well known and a more dangerous one in Wilder? Can’t work that one out.
              That was his incentive to fight Breazeale and allow Wilder to fight Ortiz?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                That was his incentive to fight Breazeale and allow Wilder to fight Ortiz?
                Am calculating that is compensation for agreeing to Step aside to fight someone else, but I would have thought a WBC mandatory would make like 40% and the champ takes home 60%.

Comment

Correct. Which is why he agreed to step aside.

Stiverne kept insisting that he'd never step aside for any amount of money, but in the end he agreed to step aside because he was offered more to fight Breazeale than he would make fighting Wilder.

Comment

Am calculating that is compensation for agreeing to Step aside to fight someone else, but I would have thought a WBC mandatory would make like 40% and the champ takes home 60%.
                    WBC mandatory makes 27% if they lose and 37% if they win.

Comment

I guess it might be like they guy said and it was not a standard deal.

Stiverne was probably going to get less than 500k for fighting Wilder before the Ortiz situation I would reckon they lowballed him n(probably rightly so given demand for the fight) to get him to take the 600k for fighting a pretty average fighter.

Once that Ortiz thing went down they probably had to give Stiverne a bit extra money because he was about to get 600k so he needed to get a least 500k and he kind of had them over a barrel with the event already in motion and upping his purse was way cheaper than coming off the event.

Comment

Working...
                      X