No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Hopkins vs. Cleverly is a Good Possibility

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Hopkins vs. Cleverly is a Good Possibility

WBO light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly is in line for a big-money showdown with Bernard Hopkins on March 9th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

"There is a good possibility Bernard could fight Nathan," Hopkins' promoter, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, told BBC Sport. "I've had some very interesting conversations with Nathan's promoter Frank Warren and Bernard is open to that possibility.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Im hoping for a good undercard. Hopkins-Cleverly doesnt do it for me.

Comment

This fight may happen next year but I don't see how it can happen in March.

Cleverly has to fight his mandatory. Only a unification can supercede him fighting his mandatory next.

Hopkins at present doesn't hold a strap.

I think Hopkins should take on one if the other champ while Cleverly fights his mandatory setting up a unification for later in the year.

Comment

Looks like this is going to happen.

Comment

cleverly may want to do it because of the bigger money.
          man i'd love to see this.
          old man hopkins may try to punk this kid and make it into a circus.

edit: thats the only way i see hop winning __________________

Comment

Plus, really, does this fight sell right now.

Cleverly needs more US exposure first, he's still very unknown in the States and the TV networks turned down Cleverly Shumenov as he's unknown.

Cleverly needs another US fight against a well known opponent first to build his profile Stateside.

A unfication against Shumenov then Hopkins.

Hopkins in the meantime should face Cloud as he is also American the best known and the fight that at the moment generates the most interest.

Comment

I have no interest in seeing Hopkins fight any longer. I wish he'd just retire.

Comment

Fight doesn't really make sense IMO but seems like both sides want it.

Comment

Make it happen.

Clev sees Hopkins as an old man ripe for the taking.

Hopkins probably sees Clev as an inexperienced, no good green-teef and the most beatable champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Make it happen.

Clev sees Hopkins as an old man ripe for the taking.

Hopkins probably sees Clev as an inexperienced, no good green-teef and the most beatable champ.
                    perfectly said!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X