Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley's resume has aged like milk. Should he really be a HOFer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
    better resume than andre ward
    naw....got a gift vs manny and beat a 40 year old marquez who started at 126

whereas Ward was the clear man in 2 divisions and Kov was prime and a p4p entrant....

bradley never beat a prime elite fighter

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Everyone's resume ages with the passage of time, bud.

Guys that were killers in their prime end up opponents and the wins over them don't mean what they did before. Damages the brand, so to speak, but doesnt change what happened before.... except to new fans and people with bad memories.

-13 world title fights
      -Two division champion
      -Top shelf, A-list fighters defeated: Vazquez, Peterson, Alexander, Pacquiao, Provodnikov, Marquez. Not to mention that damn near every fighter ever fought, even in tuneups, were solid C+ or better guys. Witter, Holt, Abregu, Vargas, Rios, etc.

The man's resume is absolutely stacked.
      Vazquez wasn't A list at 140. He never beat Pacquiao either, that was a robbery. I give him credit for the Marquez win, so that is 1.

Peterson, Alexander, Vargas are primarily B level guys. Maybe Alexander was A level at the time since he actually has two good wins on his resume but idk, calling him A level is being generous.

Provodnikov, Luis Abregú and rios are basically C level fighters. Provodnikov lost to chris algieri for fcks sake

Comment

Too bad he never faced floyd

Comment

Timothy Bradley is the most overrated fighter of his generation. The poster that said his "resume is stacked" then listed a whole bunch of C and B level fighters, didn't do his argument any favors. Where are the wins against elite level fighters? He doesn't have any. He ducked the best fighter at 140 which was Amir Khan. This is back when Amir Khan was good, obviously. So, he never established himself as the best fighter at 140.

He snuck his way onto the p4p list by way of robbery of Manny Pacquiao. I've never seen somebody get rewarded through obvious robbery like Timothy Bradley. He was considered a top 3 WW for a time without doing anything to earn it. There's a reason Bradley retired when he did. He saw the new up and coming WW's and wisely bowed out of the sport.

Is he a HOFamer? Who cares? You don't even have to be a fighter to get into the hall of fame. The ATG list is all the matters and Bradley doesn't sniff the top 100. I will argue to hell and back that Bradley's the most overrated fighter in his generation...because he is. His resume nor his skills ever matched the status he held in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
            Timothy Bradley is the most overrated fighter of his generation. The poster that said his "resume is stacked" then listed a whole bunch of C and B level fighters, didn't do his argument any favors. Where are the wins against elite level fighters? He doesn't have any. He ducked the best fighter at 140 which was Amir Khan. This is back when Amir Khan was good, obviously. So, he never established himself as the best fighter at 140.

He snuck his way onto the p4p list by way of robbery of Manny Pacquiao. I've never seen somebody get rewarded through obvious robbery like Timothy Bradley. He was considered a top 3 WW for a time without doing anything to earn it. There's a reason Bradley retired when he did. He saw the new up and coming WW's and wisely bowed out of the sport.

Is he a HOFamer? Who cares? You don't even have to be a fighter to get into the hall of fame. The ATG list is all the matters and Bradley doesn't sniff the top 100. I will argue to hell and back that Bradley's the most overrated fighter in his generation...because he is. His resume nor his skills ever matched the status he held in the sport.
            How did he beat Marquez then if he didn't have skills? Was it luck?

Comment

Still a better resume than anyone fighting under PBC right now.

Comment

I think Bradley just barely makes it into the hall of fame. He is good enough and has done enough to make it in but not by very much. If you know all the boxers in the hall of fame and know how good they were then you know Bradley was better and did more good things in the ring than some of them. As a commentator I think he stinks and is cringe worthy. He tries to sound like Atlas and uses some of Atlas's stupid sayings. Atlas was also cringe worthy in my opinion. I guess Bradley is not the worst commentator because some others are terrible too.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                  He never beat Pacquiao either, that was a robbery.
                  You don't get to just decide that win doesn't count. Ain't your call.

He may not in "mcdonalds' international house of boxing hall on fame", but hes absolutely a first-ballot HOF in Canastota. Aruto Gatti is in the HOF bro. Who TF did he beat?
                  Last edited by paulf; 02-20-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

hes a HOFer but was a better 140 fighter IMO

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                      Wins over witter, holt, lamont peterson and Devon alexander were significant in the 140 division. However, as time went on none of these guys went on to have much more success in their career.

Alexander became a champ again and beat Matthysse/Maidana but got absolutely dominated by Porter after and has never recovered. Peterson went on to have some success but not much significant.

Writter and Holt never became champions again.

His 147 resume is a robbery "win" over pac, a good win over a 40 year old marquez, then wins over B level guys like Jessie vargas and Provodnikov.

So Bradley's best win is either a 40 year old marquez or Devon Alexander.
                      If you actually took the time to look at the boxers in the hall of fame you would already know that Bradley is worthy of going to the hall of fame

Comment

Working...
                      X