Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get in shape Contest!! Revisited!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats good ive been reading this site for awhile never posted though.. Im down to do this. I got a broken finger though so my training is limited.

Comment

I'm in for this ****, I actually have a fight comin up in April for a competition my school's doing against a club from South Boston, so I've been ready to start this, but this'll give me a nice little boost of motivation.

Keep in mind, I'm a big kid, 6'1 254lbs, and I quit lifting weights cause I wasn't losing any, but I try different exercises to keep my strength up and whatnot. As I say at the gym: It's JONES TIME.

Comment

erm im gna be in this my aswell im 5ft9 a junior lightwieght boxer in training hopefully going amatuer this year but yeh il post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by p4pking_2007 View Post
          Ah right the sit up and pull up bars? I don't think you will need them much becuase they won't help you loads.

Yeha I just want to tone up my upper body, because I have ordered an exercise bike from argos liek 2 weeks ago and still hasn't come, but when it comes I'll will be using that loads coupled with running and working out. I should improve.
          The bike link below. Half price as well
          http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...fusion%20cycle
          Just do some regular running to improve for footie. How old r ya m8? I'm 17 btw.
          I am currently gymless, my old gym got demolished so were meant to be moving up to a different one an awesome one as well if our trainer hurries up lol. But if he doesn't get it done in about a month most of my mates are going to a different one. So theres still options lol. Do ya go to a gym?
          Funnily enough, 17 as well. You still at school?

Nice bike. Mine is a ****ter. It has about 8 gears on it, I think they've lost strength though. If that's possible.

Nah Aint got a gym, I've always fancied going but never really had anyone to go with. Feeble excuse perhaps but still. I've got a treadmill , exercise bike, and a skipping rope at home ha. Also got that sit up bar, and press up bars today, will give them a whirl later. I tend to do more natural exercises but might invest in some more gear next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky_Hatton View Post

Nice bike. Mine is a ****ter. It has about 8 gears on it, I think they've lost strength though. If that's possible.

Nah Aint got a gym, I've always fancied going but never really had anyone to go with. Feeble excuse perhaps but still. I've got a treadmill , exercise bike, and a skipping rope at home ha. Also got that sit up bar, and press up bars today, will give them a whirl later. I tend to do more natural exercises but might invest in some more gear next month.
            Dont worry bout going alone man. At first you may seem a little overwhelmed but within a couple of weeks your friends with everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky_Hatton View Post

Yeah well 6th form/college. And you?

Cheers lol its taking its time to come. You just can't trust argos for home delivery lol.

Man, you need to get to a boxing gym. Awesome workout and you could find that your awesome at it, ya never no lol. All I have at home is a punchbag and weights that I can use. I also, have a speedball and skipping rope that I can't really use due to lack of room and it won't do much for my fitness lol. What do ya think to these weights I've found on Argos. The ones I have are too light now for me and I can do too many reps with them.
              http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...2Bdumbells.htm
              Tell me how the sit up and press up bars are please. I could be tempted to buy them. Because whenever I pay money for things you have to just use them for ages to get your moneys worth lol.
              Yeah that website I posted uses mostly body weight resistance like squats, burpees etc. So that will work well for me before I get some usable weights lol.

Comment

I'm in.....But I won't start lifting until jan 31st.

Comment

Id join but i aint got no digital camera or webcam..ill still use it as a bit of motivation and start 2mz. The gym at uni is only £5 a year cose im a student here!!!!

Comment

So we will end it Febuary 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by LiLHopkins View Post
                      So we will end it Febuary 19th.
                      Thats five weeks, if im not wrong? To be entered as such we should have to hold up a newspaper to prove the date. Agree?

Comment

Working...
                      X