Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez vs Whitaker - Worst Robbery in Boxing History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obama View Post
    Seriously, it's a score card. Who fakes a ****ing scorecard.

Ummmm....You?

but you're right,it is just a scorecard.What's even more strange is why you would bother responding to a post that wasn't even a direct response to you in the first place.

Must like the attention I guess.Even a days hard trolling over at your forum won't get an immediate response due to the low number of actual registered members.

Comment

You are incapable of hurting my feelings. I do not know why you even try. When I respond to you it's only because I'm surprised you've reached an even lower level.

Comment

Round 1: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        Whitaker was very elusive this round and Chavez just couldn't get to him. He controlled the tempo with his jab, and set up combinations to the body and the head. Chavez was aggressive, but not effective.

*Round 2: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        Chavez was actually pretty effective with his aggressiveness this round, especially on the inside, but Whitaker controlled him with the jab from the outside. It landed too often to ignore, not to mention the straight left hands that followed the jab up. Close round.

Round 3: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        Pernell dominated this round from start to finish. Good jab, combinations, defense, footwork, everything. Chavez was dumbfounded

Round 4: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        Pernell dominated this round once more, taking a lot of low blows in the process for his troubles. Chavez seemed to be searching for a new game plan this round, as he began to go backwards and tried to counter punch. He however failed miserably.

*Round 5: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        Whitaker's combinations went down this round, but the jab was ever present. Chavez ate it time and time again. Chavez was his most effective in the last 30 seconds of the round, a part he clearly won. The rest of the round on the other hand, not so much. What Chavez did at the very end might swing it in his favors in some judges eyes, but not mine.

*Round 6: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        One of the closer rounds, ring generalship wise this round was even. Clean punching wise, clearly goes to Whitaker. Chavez simply gets hit too much and is unable to hurt Whitaker to make up for it.

Round 7: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        After a moment early in the round where Chavez essentially lifts Whitaker off the ground while putting together combinations of his own, Whitaker complains to the referee, but the ref lets the action continue. Infuriated, Whitaker comes right back with some excellent combination punching. The body work is especially impressive and even slows down and backs Chavez up. Toward the end of the round Whitaker is seen lighting Chavez up to the head. Chavez actually feels Whitaker's power and does not press the action. This is the first round I'd say Chavez definitively lost in ring generalship. Dominant round for Whitaker.

Round 8: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        Chavez had a much better round this round because Whitaker lingered on the inside which allowed Chavez to put work in. However, Whitaker actually WON the exchanges on the inside. He honestly beat Chavez up this round. Competitive but clear round for Whitaker.

*Round 9: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        Very close round with back and forth action. Big shots were thrown by both fighters, but Whitaker landed by far the majority of the eye catching blows.

Round 10: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        Chavez just kind of bored his way in with reckless abandon this round. But he was lethargic and mostly ineffective. Whitaker countered well, and still landed the more significant blows.

Round 11: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        More of the same from the last round. Chavez looks desperate at this point.

*Round 12: 10 – 9 Whitaker
        Close round. Whitaker gave the first half of the round away by holding too much and not letting his hands go. I think Lou Duva was having memories of the Meldrick Taylor fight and didn't want Pernell to take any unnecessary risks (as he was clearly winning he fight by a large margin at this point on any non corrupt score card). So in the first half of the round Chavez wins it by outworking Whitaker. In the second half however, Whitaker clearly won on clean punching. What he did in the second half was more impressive, hence I believe he deserved to win the round.

Final Score: 12 – 0 Whitaker (120 – 108)

Score Variances:
        Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 1: Official Score
        Scoring all the starred rounds even: 7 – 0 – 5 Whitaker
        Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 2: 7 – 5 Whitaker
        Have to have another look at this one, I remember it as a comprehensive win for Whitaker imo but I think a shut out is a bit strong to be honest

Comment

As I said before, 5 rounds are close. You don't have to give close rounds to the loser. It's not written anywhere that it must be done. People tend to just do that then forget about it, only remembering their scorecard and not how the points were earned. Whitaker dominated 7 rounds of the fight, and nicked 5 more. Chavez has no dominant rounds period.

Comment

You are incapable of hurting my feelings. I do not know why you even try. When I respond to you it's only because I'm surprised you've reached an even lower level.

What does you responding to a post that wasn't even a direct response have to do with me trying to hurt you feelings? I think you're losing it now,dunce.Your emotions seem to be getting the better of you now.

The last sentence makes no sense at all.Why would you feel the need to keep responding just because your "surprised"?

Comment

Round 1: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              Whitaker was very elusive this round and Chavez just couldn't get to him. He controlled the tempo with his jab, and set up combinations to the body and the head. Chavez was aggressive, but not effective.

*Round 2: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              Chavez was actually pretty effective with his aggressiveness this round, especially on the inside, but Whitaker controlled him with the jab from the outside. It landed too often to ignore, not to mention the straight left hands that followed the jab up. Close round.

Round 3: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              Pernell dominated this round from start to finish. Good jab, combinations, defense, footwork, everything. Chavez was dumbfounded

Round 4: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              Pernell dominated this round once more, taking a lot of low blows in the process for his troubles. Chavez seemed to be searching for a new game plan this round, as he began to go backwards and tried to counter punch. He however failed miserably.

*Round 5: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              Whitaker's combinations went down this round, but the jab was ever present. Chavez ate it time and time again. Chavez was his most effective in the last 30 seconds of the round, a part he clearly won. The rest of the round on the other hand, not so much. What Chavez did at the very end might swing it in his favors in some judges eyes, but not mine.

*Round 6: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              One of the closer rounds, ring generalship wise this round was even. Clean punching wise, clearly goes to Whitaker. Chavez simply gets hit too much and is unable to hurt Whitaker to make up for it.

Round 7: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              After a moment early in the round where Chavez essentially lifts Whitaker off the ground while putting together combinations of his own, Whitaker complains to the referee, but the ref lets the action continue. Infuriated, Whitaker comes right back with some excellent combination punching. The body work is especially impressive and even slows down and backs Chavez up. Toward the end of the round Whitaker is seen lighting Chavez up to the head. Chavez actually feels Whitaker's power and does not press the action. This is the first round I'd say Chavez definitively lost in ring generalship. Dominant round for Whitaker.

Round 8: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              Chavez had a much better round this round because Whitaker lingered on the inside which allowed Chavez to put work in. However, Whitaker actually WON the exchanges on the inside. He honestly beat Chavez up this round. Competitive but clear round for Whitaker.

*Round 9: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              Very close round with back and forth action. Big shots were thrown by both fighters, but Whitaker landed by far the majority of the eye catching blows.

Round 10: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              Chavez just kind of bored his way in with reckless abandon this round. But he was lethargic and mostly ineffective. Whitaker countered well, and still landed the more significant blows.

Round 11: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              More of the same from the last round. Chavez looks desperate at this point.

*Round 12: 10 – 9 Whitaker
              Close round. Whitaker gave the first half of the round away by holding too much and not letting his hands go. I think Lou Duva was having memories of the Meldrick Taylor fight and didn't want Pernell to take any unnecessary risks (as he was clearly winning he fight by a large margin at this point on any non corrupt score card). So in the first half of the round Chavez wins it by outworking Whitaker. In the second half however, Whitaker clearly won on clean punching. What he did in the second half was more impressive, hence I believe he deserved to win the round.

Final Score: 12 – 0 Whitaker (120 – 108)

Score Variances:
              Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 1: Official Score
              Scoring all the starred rounds even: 7 – 0 – 5 Whitaker
              Scoring all the starred rounds to fighter 2: 7 – 5 Whitaker
              Ok! I have:

Round 1: Even 10-10

Neither fighter landed much of significance. Chavez got in a few bodyshots, Whitaker a few to the head, with both fighters mostly missing.

Round 2: Whitaker 10-9

Neither fighter does any real damage. Chavez lands the harder punches but Whitaker outworks him.

Round 3: Whitaker 10-9

Whitaker peppers Chavez with jabs and straight lefts, Chavez not landing much in return.

Round 4: Chavez 9-10

Chavez lands a number of good body punches with Whitaker landing some light jabs in return.

Round 5: Chavez 9-10

Chavez lands several solid bodyshots and a couple of solid rights to the head. Whitaker matches him jabs and straight lefts but Chavez's harder punching shades the round.

Round 6: Whitaker 10-9

Chavez mostly missing, gets in a small number of solid connects. Whitaker clowning but clearly outworking Chavez in this round.

Round 7: Whitaker 10-9

Whitaker outworks Chavez again. Chavez lands the harder shots but not enough to overcome Whitaker's volume.

Round 8: Whitaker 10-9

A repeat of round 7 without the hard shots from Chavez. Whittaker peppered Chavez with rights and lefts and Chavez returned very little.

Round 9: Chavez 9-10

Close round with a slower pace. Chavez lands some good body punches to edge it.

Round 10: Whitaker 10-9

Whitaker landing a lot of jabs. Chavez mostly missing again and not offering much in return.

Round 11: Whitaker 10-9

Chavez gets a couple of good body punches in but Whitaker outworks him yet again.

Round 12: Whitaker 10-9

Chavez gets a couple of right hands in but Whitaker scores just enough to shade the round.

Final Tally: 117-112 Whitaker or 8-3-1 in rounds.

Pretty much falls in line with what I posted yesterday: A robbery? Yes; a masterful performance by Whitaker? Yes; a whitewash? I just don't see it.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                Hit a nerve have I? Sorry,dunce,we aren't over at your dead forum where everybody(all seven users) kisses your arse and tells you how knowledgeable in fear of being banned.

You've already confirmed my accusations.Only an insecure little girl would have responded with such whiny post.
                Hello excuse me? Who asked you to butt in like a cockroach at dinnertime? Obama and I were having an adult discussion regarding how we differed in our perceptions of a fight. You're troll opinions here are most unwelcome in the discussions and I'd suggest you go troll elsewhere.....when we want your opinion we'll give it to you, until then leave to the serious discussions to your intellectual superiors: We're far better at it than you are

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  Hello excuse me? Who asked you to butt in like a cockroach at dinnertime? Obama and I were having an adult discussion regarding how we differed in our perceptions of a fight. You're troll opinions here are most unwelcome in the discussions and I'd suggest you go troll elsewhere.....when we want your opinion we'll give it to you, until then leave to the serious discussions to your intellectual superiors: We're far better at it than you are

Poet

Carry on with your little conversation.I know you're getting a little senile in your old age,but had you bothered to look a page back then you'd have noticed that it was dunce who replied to me.I never interrupted any gay little convo you were having with the ******.

You're the most childish,petty little girl on this forum.You wouldn't know an adult discussion if it slapped you across the face.

Comment

Meldrick taylors loss to Chavez was the worst. how can you stop a fight with 2 seconds left when the guy isn't even ko is news to me.

Comment

not sure, i thought patterson vs maxin was bad

Comment

Working...
                      X