Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We believe in air and gravity. Why can't we believe in a creator?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    this thread is bringing the laughs. Thanks!

Is it even possible to go 3 years in school and fail to learn about "air" and gravity?
    Apparently you miss the whole point of why I started this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Belief in Santa bring kids hope and comfort
      We were talking about adults.

The first post i responded to was "why dont we start believing in the tooth fairy". So 'we' meaning posters here, and im assuming we are all adults.

When facing death or dealing with abject poverty or good ol'depression, people often find comfort in God.
      Santa and Toof fairy bring gifts. Adults dont start believing in them.

Belief in God can fill people will inner peace, purpose, strength and self belief. I think thats a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
        We were talking about adults.

The first post i responded to was "why dont we start believing in the tooth fairy". So 'we' meaning posters here, and im assuming we are all adults.

When facing death or dealing with abject poverty or good ol'depression, people often find comfort in God.
        Santa and Toof fairy bring gifts. Adults dont start believing in them.

Belief in God can fill people will inner peace, purpose, strength and self belief. I think thats a big difference.
        If we kept telling kids santa was real and threaten them with eternal damnation if they didnt keep believing in him, santa would comfort adults as well

Comment

If we kept telling kids santa was real and threaten them with eternal damnation if they didnt keep believing in him, santa would comfort adults as well
          How would Santa provide comfort for the terminally ill?

Give them presents they are too weak to open? The idea is, with god comes heaven. I.e Life, happiness, and peace.

Comment

Air blows and gravity sucks!

As does discussing religion and atheism in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
              How would Santa provide comfort for the terminally ill?

Give them presents they are too weak to open? The idea is, with god comes heaven. I.e Life, happiness, and peace.
              This therapy dog provides comfort for the terminally ill, and he actually exists

Comment

This therapy dog provides comfort for the terminally ill, and he actually exists
                Thought we were comparing how believing in Santa is not the same as believing in god?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                  Just because we can't see a creator, it doesn't mean it's not real.
                  That would make the imagination a great thing. If were up to my imagination, the Flying Spaghetti Monster would be real.

Blessed be his noodly goodness.

Last edited by Ta Khent; 02-13-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X