Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tougher fight for Mayweather. Cotto or Augustus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tougher fight for Mayweather. Cotto or Augustus?

I think Augustus had him a lot more flustered and forced him to work harder than Cotto did, despite what Floyd says. What do you guys think, only vote if you've actually watched the Augustus fight please.

I don't mean tougher as in closeness but, tougher as in just participating in the fight taking more out of you, to clear up any confusion.
    Augustus
    16.67%
    Cotto
    66.67%
    Even
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Barn; 05-08-2012, 11:43 AM.

JOse luis Castillo was the toughtest......

Comment

Floyd said" Augustus was tought but Miguel was tougher"

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
        Floyd said" Augustus was tought but Miguel was tougher"
        Yes I know he said that but from purely watching both fights did you not think the Augustus fight looked a lot more tolling and Floyd looked a lot more worried during portions?

Comment

Cotto was slightly harder than Jesus Chavez.

I think Augustus was so much easier to hit. I give it to Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Cotto was slightly harder than Jesus Chavez.

I think Augustus was so much easier to hit. I give it to Cotto.
            Yeah, Augustus was getting tagged an awful lot but he consistently walked through the shots and landed hooks of his own inside which routinely landed cleanly.

I don't mean tougher as in closeness but, tougher as in just participating in the fight taking more out of you, to clear up any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              Yeah, Augustus was getting tagged an awful lot but he consistently walked through the shots and landed hooks of his own inside which routinely landed cleanly.

Oh, ....still close. Augustus

Comment

Augustus was hitting Floyd with good shots but he was taking also a world of punishment while doing that . but cotto was not only hitting floyd, he also was winning more rounds and the fight. although he got robbed.

Comment

augustus landed more quality punches and beat floyd up worse in the 8 or 9 rounds it lasted than cotto did over 12. augustus was also much easier to hit though and he didnt go the full distance like cotto or win as many rounds. but against cotto floyd was in control of the pace almost all night while augustus forced him to fight at a higher pace than he wanted to.

basically augustus was a physicly tougher fight, floyd took more damage and had to fight at a higher pace. but cotto was a more difficult fight, he won more rounds, was a tougher target and lasted longer. he presented more of a challenge overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                    JOse luis Castillo was the toughtest......
                    nahh. it was just the injury. if floyd fought cotto or augustus under the circumstances he fought castillo the first fight he wouldve lost. but without severe injuries floyd made easy work of castillo, unlike augustus and cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X