Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If GGG Fight Was Now, Canelo Gets 90-10 Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If GGG Fight Was Now, Canelo Gets 90-10 Split

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/boxe...ura-de-la-hoya
    "If I had my way, if the fight occurs tomorrow, negotiation would be 90 percent for Canelo and 10 percent for Golovkin, so obviously these negotiations would be complicated, but in time we will sit down and put together this fight, it's a fight that everyone wants to see, "De La Hoya said.

Sounds bad, but if it's a $30-$40 million purse, that's still $3-$4mill for GGG. Personally I wish K2 would've just stripped Alvarez, collected the belt and move on without Alvarez and wait for him to come to them. Eventually he's going to need to move up to 160, additionally Golovkin is his biggest fight. K2/Golovkin should not beg for this fight, move on if Canelo is too scared.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/boxe...ura-de-la-hoya

Sounds bad, but if it's a $30-$40 million purse, that's still $3-$4mill for GGG. Personally I wish K2 would've just stripped Alvarez, collected the belt and move on without Alvarez and wait for him to come to them. Eventually he's going to need to move up to 160, additionally Golovkin is his biggest fight. K2/Golovkin should not beg for this fight, move on if Canelo is too scared.
    So because they want the majority of the money that means they're scared?

LOL ok

Comment

Sounds about right when you're comparing 97k buys to 900k buys

Comment

Golovkin should just grab a flat fee and give all the PPv upside to canelo...

Golovkin should just ask for 5 million and let canelo take the rest... It's really the only way to get a cash cow like canelo to accept a fight.. Just like how Cotto and floyd both bent over canelo in negotiations ,, canelo will now bend over ggg...

Comment

Seems 100% fair
          900k ppvs eats 97k ppvs

Comment

Mexican warrior doe!

Comment

canelito, it's your time to shine at the negotiation table.

Comment

It's just a negotiating tactic. I don't think Canelo will get 90%, but he does deserve the bigger split of the revenues. 70/30 sounds right

Comment

Sounds like a tactic to make K2 say, "**** this fight and **** you ODLH".

GGG vs. a no-name did 150k buys. Canelo vs. a no-name but good fighter has done 300k and 400k buys.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                    It's just a negotiating tactic. I don't think Canelo will get 90%, but he does deserve the bigger split of the revenues. 70/30 sounds right
                    Agreed.

Just DeLaHoya establishing who's the A side.

Comment

Working...
                    X