Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Van Jones: How Do I Explain This to My Children?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    Are people seriously protesting?
    Yes.

The safe space generation doesn't react well to adversity and being told 'No'.

Comment

Originally posted by JTfloyd View Post
      As for the answer to his hypothetical question, I'd say, "Kids, we've just had the first black president serve 8 years, and he did nothing to bring Americans together. Race relations are the worst they've been since the 60's. Unarmed people are getting killed by the police. There's been an epidemic of cartel members infiltrating the U.S. from Mexico, as well as "refugees" from the Middle East that turn out to be Islamic terrorists. Not only did he make the country unsafe, but the national debt almost doubled to something like $20 trillion. Last night we got a new president, and he says he'll stop criminals and murderers from entering the country. This guy is also a successful businessman, who promises to negotiate better trade deals in order to help the country become wealthy again. He doesn't have any experience in politics, so a lot of people are worried. But there are plenty that have hope he'll succeed where the last president failed, since he at least seems to care about giving all Americans a level playing field."

Either that, or "Go play with your X-Box.", since I don't know if his kids are grown enough to understand the first answer. Don't really care either. Dude was just busting out the typical "sexist" "racist" "****phobic" fear mongering that caused Hillary Clinton (and her fans) to get their collective pu55ies grabbed by Trump last night.
      I hope you plan on taking the poor prick to a child psychologist afterwards.

That's a lot to dump in the lap of a 10 year old, bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Yes.

The safe space generation doesn't react well to adversity and being told 'No'.
        The "safe space" thing cuts both ways. There are plenty of websites and message boards that lean conservative that suppress, harass, and ban the views of liberals who go dare to go against the grain on them. Websites like 4chan, Breitbart, **********, and Trump's own subreddit (the_donald) being chief among them.

For all the crying your side does about my side's PC culture, you have your own culture of conservative correctness and safe spaces yourself.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservative_correctness

I'm not saying one side is right in doing it and the other is wrong. I'm just saying both sides are guilty of it and all it's doing is driving the divide even further because when you suppress an opposing view you cause the oppressed person to withdraw in to a bubble that feeds their confirmation bias.

Hence the results last night that very few saw coming.

Comment

Originally posted by JTfloyd;17185090[B
          ]As for the answer to his hypothetical question, I'd say, "Kids, we've just had the first black president serve 8 years, and he did nothing to bring Americans together. Race relations are the worst they've been since the 60's. Unarmed people are getting killed by the police.[/B] There's been an epidemic of cartel members infiltrating the U.S. from Mexico, as well as "refugees" from the Middle East that turn out to be Islamic terrorists. Not only did he make the country unsafe, but the national debt almost doubled to something like $20 trillion. Last night we got a new president, and he says he'll stop criminals and murderers from entering the country. This guy is also a successful businessman, who promises to negotiate better trade deals in order to help the country become wealthy again. He doesn't have any experience in politics, so a lot of people are worried. But there are plenty that have hope he'll succeed where the last president failed, since he at least seems to care about giving all Americans a level playing field."

Either that, or "Go play with your X-Box.", since I don't know if his kids are grown enough to understand the first answer. Don't really care either. Dude was just busting out the typical "sexist" "racist" "****phobic" fear mongering that caused Hillary Clinton (and her fans) to get their collective pu55ies grabbed by Trump last night.

You look like a clueless moron blaming Obama for that. Unarmed black men being killed by police officers is not new or something that started after Obama became president. If your ignorant ass had done any research you would realize that this has been going on for years. The advent of video from phones is the reason why you can watch it on video now.

But you're an ignorant POS if you blame Obama for that. Go read a book or something. You're clearly uneducated on this topic.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 11-09-2016, 11:13 PM.

Comment

jones should tell his children the reason they had to leave america and relocate to africa was because hillary couldnt dominate a business man.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              You look like a clueless moron blaming Obama for that. Unarmed black men being killed by police officers is not new or something that started after Obama became president. If your ignorant ass had done any research you would realize that this has been going on for years. The advent of video from phones is the reason why you can watch it on video now.

But you're an ignorant POS if you blame Obama for that. Go read a book or something. You're clearly uneducated on this topic.
              you forgot ''resisting'' unarmed blk people. then again, you wouldnt care about such specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                you forgot ''resisting'' unarmed blk people. then again, you wouldnt care about such specifics.
                I didn't forget anything. But I'll make it very clear to you that I have no interest in discussing topics like this with uneducated bigots like you. You're not on my level and are too dumb to have any kind of discussion with me. Move on because you will be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                  Bernie would have likely beaten Trump. Working class whites saw what they rightly or wrongly perceived as another corporate stooge and gave the proverbial "**** YOU" Michael Moore was talking about.

Michael Moore can sometimes be right and sometimes be a total idiot... But he was absolutely 100% right in that clip

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    I didn't forget anything. But I'll make it very clear to you that I have no interest in discussing topics like this with uneducated bigots like you. You're not on my level and are too dumb to have any kind of discussion with me. Move on because you will be ignored.
                    your biased bleeding heart loves to selective bltch and moan. dont go and riot/loot now, kay

Comment

The "safe space" thing cuts both ways. There are plenty of websites and message boards that lean conservative that suppress, harass, and ban the views of liberals who go dare to go against the grain on them. Websites like 4chan, Breitbart, **********, and Trump's own subreddit (the_donald) being chief among them.
                      I wasn't speaking of websites. I was speaking of college campuses.

It's not the 'right' calling for censorship and banning of IDEAS and WORDS under the mantra of a "safe space". That's your ilk.

Even mega-liberal Alan Dershowitz wrote of this, and it terrified him. He cited "the fog of fascism", and he wasn't speaking about Trump or 'the right'.
                      Take a read:
                      http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/zachary-...n-universities

For all the crying your side does about my side's PC culture, you have your own culture of conservative correctness and safe spaces yourself.
                      You speak from ignorance and assumption.

I don't have a "side", not do I condone any type of "correctness" or safe spaces. Do not make strawmen, nor lie about my stances. Thank you.

I'm just saying both sides are guilty of it ...
                      Ok then, prove it.

Sources please, showing 'conservative' or 'right' groups calling for college safe spaces.

Good luck.

Hence the results last night that very few saw coming.
                      The elites, and the "experts" who predicted Obamacare would lower premiums, the Stimulus would work, are wrong. Again.

Maybe someday you'll see this is a pattern. Maybe you never will figure it out. It wasn't my ilk who Gruber mocked for being too "stupid" to catch on. That would be you. But ignorance can be cured, of course only if one has an open mind and the ability to admit they are wrong occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                      X