View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Kid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond reputeKid McCoy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,043,072.01
You know boxers, Kid!  Good writing style also! - Terry A To one of the wisest and most knowledgable posters on this site. - JAB5239 for your excellent contributions here - Scott9945 To another one of the very best members here - Terry A 

Quote:
show me proof of what you claim.... i am not saying you are lying but i have not come across anything to say Harry Greb fought an eliminator for Jack Dempsey's Heavyweight title... if what you say is true then show proof
Check out the headlines:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Gibbons was being lined up for Dempsey and Greb beat him decisively, yet Dempsey fought Gibbons anyway. Why was the loser worthy of a shot but not the winner?

Quote:
i have been over the Greb vs Tunney fights with you before and i am of the opinion Tunney clearly won 4 fights and i have always believed that to be the case from all literature i have read over the last 40yrs or more... you are the only person who i have ever came across who disputes the results, maybe you was sitting ringside at those fights, i don't know but you will have to put up proof to back up your claim otherwise your claims are unfounded.
I posted evidence on that other thread but you just ignore anything you disagree with. I'd like to see your evidence for Tunney clearly winning four fights. Here are Tunney's own words on the second fight:

Quote:
It is only fair to Harry to say that there was a great deal of disagreement as to the accuracy of the decision. The judges, newspaper men, and spectators were divided. This re-won for me the light-heavy-weight championship of America. Realizing there was some justice in Greb's claim of a bad decision, I offered him a return engagement. We got together again in December of that year -- 1923.
Which is like Glen Johnson saying 'you know what, I deserved to lose that one'.

Quote:
No i don't think he should ever have been fighting for the heavyweight title due to the losses he suffered to Tunney
Five men who fought Dempsey for the heavyweight title had previously been beaten by Greb. Should they have been fighting for the title?

Quote:
and should he ever have gotten a shot at Dempsey IMO i think Dempsey would KO him quickly.
Like he did to Tunney, Gibbons, Brennan?
Kid McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote