No announcement yet.

Sparring glove used for bag work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring glove used for bag work?

Is it ok if I use a sparring glove for work because I'm on a budget right now. Currently looking at getting these http://www.ringside.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GRP%20E or should I just get bag gloves then save up for sparring gloves?

Originally posted by xxMidgetxx View Post
    Is it ok if I use a sparring glove for work because I'm on a budget right now. Currently looking at getting these http://www.ringside.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GRP%20E or should I just get bag gloves then save up for sparring gloves?
    yo those are perfect for a beginner!

I tried those at my old gym a while ago and the padding for bag work is great. Get these, later when you have more cash then buy the expensive ones.

Comment

Problem is, using the glove for bag work will wear down the padding faster making the gloves harder and more likely to hurt your sparring partner.

Comment

Originally posted by RightHooker View Post
        Problem is, using the glove for bag work will wear down the padding faster making the gloves harder and more likely to hurt your sparring partner.
        true, but I think it doesnt matter if his partner has some FaceSaver HeadGear.

One guy I sparred with gave me a black eye on Thursday, I dint even notice till next day. I had traditional headgear, no mouthguard and some new sparring gloves.

He had a facesaver HG, mouthpiece, old sharp gloves, and foker went hard on me when the coach told him me to take it easy.

I cant wait to get back in there with him, am going to tear his @ss up.

Comment

Those were my first gloves, the smell of leather, the insanely comfortable interior...lol. They're nice, I don't think you'll have any complaints if you get em, but they probably will wear out faster if you use em on the bags. Also if you take gloves on and off during your training you will need someone to help you put them back on due to the elastic closure, gets annoying sometimes.

Comment

So what would be a good bag glove?

Comment

Does anyone ever use fingerless bag gloves? I find that I can punch more accurate with them but they wear down so fast, and my hands hurt after every session

Comment

Working...
              X