No announcement yet.

Need real MMA fans Opinions!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need real MMA fans Opinions!!!!

Ok im a fan of both sports and if u look me up I defend both sports with facts, I'll argue with a hardcore MMA or Boxing fan. There was a thread at another forum and I wanted some Unbiased MMA fans opinions about how the argument went and what your thoughts were.

Very interesting stuff check it, Worth a look

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=633793

Let me know your thoughts (unbiased)

Thanx guys

I think a year or two from now EliteXC will be the 'TNA' to UFC's 'WWE'.

If there's a credible alternative to UFC that gets regular exposure and where they can be compensated well, that will make Dana open his pockets a little wider in order to keep some folks. Each EliteXC card has improved upon the other in terms of talent/marketability and the production values are good and it's on a premium network.

I'm a fairly new MMA fan, but that's what I see. And as the sport grows, the payouts will improve. I think 'UFCmania' will dwindle at some point, but not before the sport is legitimized in the mainstream eye, at least to where we see regular articles in the USA Today after major events and see highlights on sports wrap-up shows and coverage in Sports Illustrated that's beyond the 'new controversial sport blah blah blah'...

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post

If there's a credible alternative to UFC that gets regular exposure and where they can be compensated well, that will make Dana open his pockets a little wider in order to keep some folks. Each EliteXC card has improved upon the other in terms of talent/marketability and the production values are good and it's on a premium network.

I'm a fairly new MMA fan, but that's what I see. And as the sport grows, the payouts will improve. I think 'UFCmania' will dwindle at some point, but not before the sport is legitimized in the mainstream eye, at least to where we see regular articles in the USA Today after major events and see highlights on sports wrap-up shows and coverage in Sports Illustrated that's beyond the 'new controversial sport blah blah blah'...
      What did u think about the thread and points being made? does it seem to you any guys at that website seem to Just look at one point of view?

Comment

No Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
          What did u think about the thread and points being made? does it seem to you any guys at that website seem to Just look at one point of view?
          I don't know what you're looking for...

Comment

I don't know what you're looking for...
            yeah dude good responce, who know's about eliteX though. Some people think gary shaw is a good promoter, others think he's a peice of ****.

is it always this dead here?

Comment

yeah dude good responce, who know's about eliteX though. Some people think gary shaw is a good promoter, others think he's a peice of ****.

is it always this dead here?
              Yes it's always this dead here, unless it's immediately during or following a UFC event...

Comment

It's ****dog, so don't be surprised by everyone with one point of view. They shouted down and flamed out ppl with different opinions a long time ago.

Comment

UFC does pay lower than boxing, but it's relative. Boxing may be at a low point now, but overall it still makes more $$$ than UFC. I actually hope that the IFL, EliteXC and the other MMA promotions all do good. Competition is not just good for the fighter's purses, it's good for the fans as well.

As for keeping or getting rid of underperforming guys, it's a tossup. On one hand they cut a guy like Salaverry after one boring fight, yet they keep guys like Koschek and Tim Sylvia around.

Comment

I agree that EliteXC is on the rise, but i've also noticed a big difference in the way they work compared to the UFC. The thing is, EliteXC seems to work more like boxing then like the UFC because EliteXC has contracted with other organizations such as K-1 and Strikeforce. So to me it seems like EliteXC operates more like a promoter of various fights and events, and gives these events airspace on showtime. While they do also put on their own events, I see it going more in the direction I've been saying. For instance, the Brock Lesnar card was actually K-1 and the Shamrock-Baroni one was strikeforce. Also, the company has anounced that they will feature fights in both the ring and the cage, so to me these is indicative that they intend to work with other promoters.

I think this is a good development when compared to the way the UFC operates, and I think it will prove a successful model in MMA as it has in boxing. Dana White is acting like a pimp right now, trying to lock all the fighters into exclusive contracts and dictating what they make or whether they will even be allowed to continue fighting with UFC after a particular event (i.e. it looks like Babalu was simply realeased without even going through any hearings/procedures at all). It seems the buying of Pride was merely an effort by the UFC to snag additional fighters (Pride has long been the home of the HW division) while at the same time destroying their biggest rivals.

Basically, Zuffa is essentially trying to monopolize the (telivized) MMA market, to the detriment of fighters and fans alike. This is why I see EliteXC as a very good development, both because it provides viable competition and elevates the status of various other promotions as well. I wonder how much EliteXC is involved in the current Fedor sweepstakes going on.

Comment

Working...
                    X