Core Muscle Training!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core Muscle Training!

Hi guy's,

I am new to all this workout stuff, I am going to start attending a boxing gym in the next week and I am also going to buy some dumb bells for home.
    What sort of stuff should I be doing to Build up my core muscles.

I am 31 and spent most of my life doing no trainging or any sort of workouts.
    My arm and back muscles are dead and weak. Hell I can't even do a proper push up. I have to do a girl one from my knee's.

Can anyone help?

DMC

the only way I know to get better at something is to do it. so if you cant do a real push up at least attempt it. girl push ups aint real push ups. and it takes time so dont get frustrated.

as far as the core, Im really not sure what that is. but Im gonna say start off with body weight exercises with stretching before.

Comment

boxing in general gets your back jacked

Comment

**** man, girl push ups or not, everyones gotta start somewhere! Start off with one, then 2, then 3, of the real ones. Do the ones you can and gradually youll pick up on it. Takes time man.

Comment

Originally posted by DMC View Post
          Hi guy's,

I am new to all this workout stuff, I am going to start attending a boxing gym in the next week and I am also going to buy some dumb bells for home.
          What sort of stuff should I be doing to Build up my core muscles.

I am 31 and spent most of my life doing no trainging or any sort of workouts.
          My arm and back muscles are dead and weak. Hell I can't even do a proper push up. I have to do a girl one from my knee's.

Can anyone help?

DMC
          do me a big favor please join a fitness gym it will benefit you 100000000000000X more than getting a home setup of dumb bells im telling you man its like 20-30 at the most 40 bucks for a decent well sized gym and its great too they have everything(well most good fitness gyms)

Comment

Indeed, get to a gym, and just go at your own pace. Some people out there are jacked, and some are not, but they all started from scratch. You gotta start somewhere man, if those knee push-ups are the challenge, than do it, you'll work your way up. Hell, at my gym beginners spend about 6 months doin' light training, and a ****load of conditioning before the even start to really use the bag and all that. Takes time man, just keep it up

Peace,
            Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
              Indeed, get to a gym, and just go at your own pace. Some people out there are jacked, and some are not, but they all started from scratch. You gotta start somewhere man, if those knee push-ups are the challenge, than do it, you'll work your way up. Hell, at my gym beginners spend about 6 months doin' light training, and a ****load of conditioning before the even start to really use the bag and all that. Takes time man, just keep it up

Peace,
              Trick
              good advice trick i agree with you man 100% when ever theres a new workout at our boxing gym i usually take my time at it and dont rush it because in a week or two ill be used to it and thats one of the things i love about boxing you get out what you put in

Comment

By core muscles I think hes talking about core muscle groups, which isnt really what core muscles are. But yeh

Comment

Thanks for the Advice guy's

I was talking about the core muscles like chest back shoulders. But really I need to train everything. Before Christmas I went to a local boxing gym and did a circuit I did that once a week for 3 weeks and loved it. I also have a membership at a local gym. I was jogging every morning for about 5km and then getting on the rowing machine and going 2km in 10 mins.

This worked great and I started to loose weight, but then I went on holiday for a month overseas and stoped. Now I am back and want to get back into it. But as well as loosing weight I want to build up some muscle and look great. So I am after things to do and advice as to what works best. I am happy to go to the gym and jog on the tread mill and get on the rowing machine but I am not sure what other things to do and how many reps and things I should be doing.

I should of started this thread with this info sorry.
                  So any advice would be great.

Thanks again guy's

DMC

Comment

forget dumbells!!!!

pick up some kettlebells and find a fitness gym that teaches a program designed for kettlebells. many, as i hear, do these days.

and you are still a young man! so you shouldn't have much of a problem with metabolism or the like.

remember to warm up before you stretch. longer timed stretches are best after workouts, not before.

echoing what has been said, go to a fitness gym. one little gem of info i can tell you, having known people who are certified fitness trainers, is know yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X