• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a couple movies recently

Nebraska 7/10

Her 9/10

12 Years a Slave 9/10

A little too tired to give full reviews but they are all good movies I would recommend.

Comment

• just watched The Wolf of wall street it was decent movie the runs too long I dont know why people keep overrating Scorsese movies 6.5/10

Comment

• Oblivion

Is it just me or did anyone else see it coming? the movie was alright, nothing special. i did like the soundtrack though, it's actually why i watched the movie. the story was ok, the visuals were great though.

5/10

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
        Well, considering the main character in the film wrote the book the film is based on I think it's safe to assume he doesn't die. Not in the film anyway,
        that's assuming the viewer knows about the movie being based on anything. it's just safer not to reveal too much detail.
        Last edited by Pez; 02-07-2014, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Backdoor Sluts 9

craziest most disgusting movie ever

it makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughy Nurses 2!
          Was it worse than Assworshipping ******bers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
            Well, considering the main character in the film wrote the book the film is based on I think it's safe to assume he doesn't die. Not in the film anyway,
            Originally posted by Pez View Post
            that's assuming the viewer knows about the movie being based on anything. it's just safer not to reveal too much detail.
            Was about to answer this, and was going to add an example. I didn't know Jordan Belfort was a real person until after I watched Wolf of WS and googled it.

Just like I had no idea 12 Years a Slave was based on some one/a book, and didn't google anything about it.

I haven't seen the film, I deleted it, I feel I know too much about it. I'd have have like to gone in not knowing much about it. The only thing I knew about the movie was what IMDB had about it:

"In the antebellum United States, Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York, is abducted and sold into slavery."

Good enough, so the movie is about slavery, that's all. Don't need to know anything else, would just like to watch it.

Comment

• I watched Dallas Buyers Club last night. 9/10

Matthew Mcconaughey tore that **** up!! That was easily the best role he has ever been in and Jared Leto was awesome, as well. As long as the Academy Awards continues their trend of snubbing Leonardo Dicaprio's performances, he should win Best Actor. Otherwise, Dicaprio will most likely finally take home an Oscar this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Don't really know what number I'd give it but just as a film I didn't find it all that great.

Wasn't overly impressed with the acting, plot, shots, timing Etc and it dragged a little and was abit boring to me honest. Didn't find any of the characters overly interesting.

Obviously it's a gripping story and it had it's share of good film but considering it's a lock to win the Oscar for Best Picture I just wasn't impressed.
                I just watched this tonight and I was disappointed.

I dont know technical language when it comes to discussing films, but to me it just seemed clunky. Like scenes/dialogue were just shoehorned in to fit what the movie was trying to 'say' about slavery.

The acting was good enough (main guy Solomon did well)while never blowing me away, but overall this just wasnt good storytelling, which is a shame because it was one hell of a story!

Comment

• World War Z= a very dope ass movie. I give it an 8.5.

Comment

• Just got around to watching The Europa Report. I thought it was a realistic and simple sci-fi film, I liked it. Solid 7/10.

Comment

• watched red state, it was terrible and i hate myself for watching it

Comment

Working...
                      X