Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah the rules only allow 10 oz gloves for heavyweights. in sparring tyson would wear 18oz or more i'd imagine

as for the everlast gloves im not sure. but everlast gloves are everywhere especially the red ones you mentioned. you should easily find them on the net and then be able to buy them

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
      yeah the rules only allow 10 oz gloves for heavyweights. in sparring tyson would wear 18oz or more i'd imagine

as for the everlast gloves im not sure. but everlast gloves are everywhere especially the red ones you mentioned. you should easily find them on the net and then be able to buy them
      Thank's for the help, now I will be getting 10oz's for direct fights, but what's a good reason to get a 12-14 oz glove for training/sparring? I'll get them for training if it's a plus.

Comment

• yes you need heavier gloves in sparring with more padding to protect your opponents face basically. sparring is just training and you dont want to hurt your opponent. so as a general rule people use 16 oz gloves when they spar. if you are really small you can also use 12-14 oz for sparring. if you are heavy and you hit hard you can also use 18 oz. and since tyson was one of the hardest punchers he probably had to use real heavy gloves to protect his sparring partner

Comment

• Originally posted by Ty$on View Post
          Thank's for the help, now I will be getting 10oz's for direct fights, but what's a good reason to get a 12-14 oz glove for training/sparring? I'll get them for training if it's a plus.
          I'm assuming you're an amateur... amateur heavyweights use 12oz. gloves in competition, not 10oz. gloves.

And in every competition I've been in, you can't use your own gloves. So don't bother buying a pair.

All of this doesn't apply if you're a pro, but if you were a pro, you likely wouldn't be asking this question.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            I'm assuming you're an amateur... amateur heavyweights use 12oz. gloves in competition, not 10oz. gloves.

And in every competition I've been in, you can't use your own gloves. So don't bother buying a pair.

All of this doesn't apply if you're a pro, but if you were a pro, you likely wouldn't be asking this question.
            Thanks for the help, and quite honestly, I just recently got into more then just watching Boxing, so I have very little knowledge of things other then watching fights.

Comment

• Can someone give me a review of the different groin protectors? I'm looking at three different types and am wondering why such a price disparity.

Fighting Sports Groin & Ab Protector - $20

Fighting Sports Deluxe Groin & Ab Protector - $30

Fighting Sports Pro Protective Cup - $80

Comment

• well the bulky one is going to add a lot more protection, and it will last a lot longer than the first one. those are the ones that the pro's use

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                  well the bulky one is going to add a lot more protection, and it will last a lot longer than the first one. those are the ones that the pro's use
                  I used to have one of the bulky protectors but I always felt it constricted my movement (incidentally I left it at the gym and someone took it).

Comment

• it does restrict movement quite a bit but you have to decide if its worth the extra protection. i've found that unless you work with pro's or you are a pro you can just use those cups to protect the jewels, you dont need one of the bulky foul protectors because amateurs arent trained to hit the body a lot, they focus on the head and the chance of somebody hitting you in the balls is virtually zero

Comment

• what about lemarr Ultimate Pro Mk11 im thinking to buying them . what do you think ?
                      p.s sorry for my english

Comment

Working...
                      X