Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxnation is done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon as Warren did the BT Deal it was goodbye to Boxnation.

They haven't shown a fight since of any merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Boxnation was the only sub I ever had, man, and at one time it really was a quality program, but I let it lapse gotta be close to 2 years ago cos they just weren't getting enough fights and besides I was staying up less often anyway and catching the fights in the a.m. Shame to see it go though., I'll miss Bunce's dulcet tones.

One of the Karate dudes at my gym might be out of a job though... used to work on the production team I think, but I never really got to pick his brains on it.
      Boxnation in the early years was absolutely brilliant. It was boxing shows with proper boxing people like Buncey, Lillis, Barry Jones, Alex Steadman etc. It picked up a great variety of international content and was a must have for the real UK boxing fans.

The Queensberry-BT deal essentially killed it, which is a shame because I used really enjoy seeing shows from the US, Russia, Germany, Canada etc televised regularly in the UK.

I subbed from day 1, the first fight was an absolute war between Walsh and Appleby. I do miss the Boxnation days tbh, sad to see it go.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I use to get the Box Nation Feed all the time back in the day for certain PPV I didn't want to Pay For. Steve Bunce was funny, they use to have that man up 4am covering boxing nothing but respect for Bunce! RIP Box Nation
        Yeah Buncey is a legend, such a funny guy. He’d be up ranting at 6am, can’t ever question the man’s passion.

Comment

A bit of an update from Boxnation on their website:

====

BoxNation and Premier Sports announce exciting new strategic partnership

BoxNation and Premier Sports are delighted to announce today we will launch an exciting new joint venture that will see both channels offered to all subscribers of each channel as part of their existing subscription. The bundling of the channels will initially happen on the Sky Platform with others to follow.

Four events are already confirmed with live events beginning on January 11th with Claressa Shields and Ivana Habazin headlining the first Showtime boxing event of 2020. On January 18th, BoxNation will air the 250th edition of ShoBox In the 10-round main event, Vladimir Shishkin (9-0, 6 KOs), the fast-rising super middleweight prospect currently ranked as the WBC No. 12 contender, will return for his second consecutive test on ShoBox against the unbeaten Ulises Sierra.

We are also delighted to announce 2 events in January from Premier Boxing Champions (PBC). First up on January 19th Julian Williams defends his WBA and IBF 154-pound titles in a Philadelphia homecoming bout against Jeison Rosario.

The following week on January 25th, two-Division World Champion Danny "Swift" García returns to the ring at his home away from home at Barclays Center in Brooklyn to take on hard-hitting slugger Ivan "El Terrible" Redkach in a 12-round WBC Welterweight Title Eliminator.

Premier Sports will be actively looking to increase live content on BoxNation with discussions underway to secure long term output agreements with PBC, Top Rank and Golden Boy along with a number of small hall UK promoters.

From early February, BoxNation will be available free of charge to current Premier Sports customers on Sky, Virgin TV and the Premier Player. Customers subscribed to BoxNation via Sky and Virgin TV will automatically get free access to Premier Sports 1, 2 and LaLigaTV.

BoxNation will remain part of BT Sport’s channel pack and available to all BT Sport customers who subscribe via the Sky platform, this package will not give current customers access to Premier Sports channels.

BoxNation launched in September 2011 and has featured some of the best fights from home and abroad in the 8 years it has been on air. Customers have enjoyed seeing most of the leading names in world boxing of the last decade including Mayweather, Fury, Wilder, Haye, Golovkin, Khan, Canelo, Lomachenko box on the Channel alongside a leading library of classic historical fights.

Marquee events featured on the channel since its inception has included: Haye v Chisora, Fury v Chisora, Mayweather v Canelo, Canelo v Khan and Canelo v Golovkin which was BoxNation’s first PPV event.

Premier Sports holds exclusive live UK rights to LaLiga, Serie A, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football, Guinness PRO14, NHL and NASCAR. Operating three channels including Premier Sports 1, 2 and FreeSports, Premier Sports recently launched LaLigaTV via the Premier Player and on Sky from January 13th.

George Warren, major shareholder of BoxNation said: “This is great news for BoxNation subscribers. As part of their monthly subscription they will now enjoy access to Premier Sports fantastic properties, including Serie A, NHL, Guinness PRO14 and of course LaLiga, alongside an enhanced schedule of great live fights from around the World.

The added value created for customers from the Premier Sports deal means BoxNation will continue to deliver its loyal customers fantastic live boxing content on the only dedicated boxing channel in the U.K.”

Richard Sweeney, CEO of Premier Sports: “We are delighted to partner with BoxNation in 2020 giving more added value to our subscribers already enjoying LaLigaTV as well as the other great content on our channels. We look forward to once again making BoxNation a must have channel for fight fans in the UK.”

List of confirmed events on BoxNation:
          • Claressa Shields v Ivana Habazin: Saturday Jan 11th at 02:00am
          • Vladimir Shishkin v Ulises Sierra: Saturday Jan 18th at 03:00am
          • Julian Williams vs. Jeison Rosario: Sunday Jan 19th at 01:00am
          • Danny Garcia vs. Ivan Redkach: Sunday Jan 26th at 02:00am

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
            A bit of an update from Boxnation on their website:

====

BoxNation and Premier Sports announce exciting new strategic partnership

BoxNation and Premier Sports are delighted to announce today we will launch an exciting new joint venture that will see both channels offered to all subscribers of each channel as part of their existing subscription. The bundling of the channels will initially happen on the Sky Platform with others to follow.

Four events are already confirmed with live events beginning on January 11th with Claressa Shields and Ivana Habazin headlining the first Showtime boxing event of 2020. On January 18th, BoxNation will air the 250th edition of ShoBox In the 10-round main event, Vladimir Shishkin (9-0, 6 KOs), the fast-rising super middleweight prospect currently ranked as the WBC No. 12 contender, will return for his second consecutive test on ShoBox against the unbeaten Ulises Sierra.

We are also delighted to announce 2 events in January from Premier Boxing Champions (PBC). First up on January 19th Julian Williams defends his WBA and IBF 154-pound titles in a Philadelphia homecoming bout against Jeison Rosario.

The following week on January 25th, two-Division World Champion Danny "Swift" García returns to the ring at his home away from home at Barclays Center in Brooklyn to take on hard-hitting slugger Ivan "El Terrible" Redkach in a 12-round WBC Welterweight Title Eliminator.

Premier Sports will be actively looking to increase live content on BoxNation with discussions underway to secure long term output agreements with PBC, Top Rank and Golden Boy along with a number of small hall UK promoters.

From early February, BoxNation will be available free of charge to current Premier Sports customers on Sky, Virgin TV and the Premier Player. Customers subscribed to BoxNation via Sky and Virgin TV will automatically get free access to Premier Sports 1, 2 and LaLigaTV.

BoxNation will remain part of BT Sport’s channel pack and available to all BT Sport customers who subscribe via the Sky platform, this package will not give current customers access to Premier Sports channels.

BoxNation launched in September 2011 and has featured some of the best fights from home and abroad in the 8 years it has been on air. Customers have enjoyed seeing most of the leading names in world boxing of the last decade including Mayweather, Fury, Wilder, Haye, Golovkin, Khan, Canelo, Lomachenko box on the Channel alongside a leading library of classic historical fights.

Marquee events featured on the channel since its inception has included: Haye v Chisora, Fury v Chisora, Mayweather v Canelo, Canelo v Khan and Canelo v Golovkin which was BoxNation’s first PPV event.

Premier Sports holds exclusive live UK rights to LaLiga, Serie A, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football, Guinness PRO14, NHL and NASCAR. Operating three channels including Premier Sports 1, 2 and FreeSports, Premier Sports recently launched LaLigaTV via the Premier Player and on Sky from January 13th.

George Warren, major shareholder of BoxNation said: “This is great news for BoxNation subscribers. As part of their monthly subscription they will now enjoy access to Premier Sports fantastic properties, including Serie A, NHL, Guinness PRO14 and of course LaLiga, alongside an enhanced schedule of great live fights from around the World.

The added value created for customers from the Premier Sports deal means BoxNation will continue to deliver its loyal customers fantastic live boxing content on the only dedicated boxing channel in the U.K.”

Richard Sweeney, CEO of Premier Sports: “We are delighted to partner with BoxNation in 2020 giving more added value to our subscribers already enjoying LaLigaTV as well as the other great content on our channels. We look forward to once again making BoxNation a must have channel for fight fans in the UK.”

List of confirmed events on BoxNation:
            • Claressa Shields v Ivana Habazin: Saturday Jan 11th at 02:00am
            • Vladimir Shishkin v Ulises Sierra: Saturday Jan 18th at 03:00am
            • Julian Williams vs. Jeison Rosario: Sunday Jan 19th at 01:00am
            • Danny Garcia vs. Ivan Redkach: Sunday Jan 26th at 02:00am

BN will live on you reckon or is this like when UFC buys an org and that org lives for like a year or so before it is absorbed?

Comment

BoxNation was great, been kind of dead for a while

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                BN will live on you reckon or is this like when UFC buys an org and that org lives for like a year or so before it is absorbed?
                I hope so, but I'm not very familiar with Premier sports who they are teaming up with.

As you mentioned, I think them hanging around a little while longer then finding themselves looking around for a new home once again may be a good bet before too long mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Maybe if you all worried about how you watch boxing instead of what we're over here doing this station would still be active.

You have no idea what you're talking about

Comment

Working...
                  X