No announcement yet.

Weed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
    Where I live (Rio Grande Valley, South Texas) if you get caught with less than an ounce it's a ticket that rivals an open container fine.

Like if you get stopped by a cop, and you do in fact have an open container in the car..........he just writes out a 500 dollar ticket right then and there if you aren't intoxicated. If you are of course you're going to the big house.

With Weed they'll write you the same ticket, but if they find ziploc baggies laying around and more than 1 ounce, you get a distribution charge.

And depending on your priors you could do 1+ years in State prison.
    Yeah I got stopped once after smoking a big ass joint and the cops smelled it and everything and made me do a roadside, and had the dogs sniff my car, but luckily I had left my bag at home. So they just kind of gave me a lecture which I didn't listen too and told me to go straight home. If I had some on me I probably would have been ****ed, but they were ok cops so they decided to not make a big deal about it.

As for the Colardo law here's a wikipedia link that talks about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorad...dment_44_(2006). It says that under an ounce of Marijuana is a petty offense that gets you a $100 fine, but then if you add on the surcharge and everything else it probably comes close to $200 dollars.

Comment

well keep in mind, people are stupid. case in point I heard on the radio a man was arrested for throwing a porcupine at someone.

granted that has nothing to do with weed legalization but it proves my point, that people (or this man at least) can do stupid things

Im sure there are many that can act perfectly fine using weed and going to work etc

but what about those who cannot, is going to be the bigger problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
        well keep in mind, people are stupid. case in point I heard on the radio a man was arrested for throwing a porcupine at someone.

granted that has nothing to do with weed legalization but it proves my point, that people (or this man at least) can do stupid things

Im sure there are many that can act perfectly fine using weed and going to work etc

but what about those who cannot, is going to be the bigger problem.
        Why would you think that they would use it at work? Yeah, it may be illegal now, but not hard to find. In general there isn't a problem now is there? Not like alcohol anyway. I know policeman with pints of vodka in there desk. . .

Comment

weed laws are bull****, here in Michigan if the cops pull you over and smell it and want to take you for a blood test any amount of THC in your blood, no matter how small, will result in a DUI charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            weed laws are bull****, here in Michigan if the cops pull you over and smell it and want to take you for a blood test any amount of THC in your blood, no matter how small, will result in a DUI charge.
            That seems like unfair punishment. Even with alcohol there is a level of which it is acceptable to have in your system while driving. Even in States like Utah you can get away with having a little somethin and driving.
            Weed is stored in fat cells and while you can't determine the qty of which was consumed you can tell the user has consumed as long as a month from the time of use.
            So how do they determine when the weed was used and how much it takes for one to be "intoxicated" enough to get a charge?

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
              Why would you think that they would use it at work? Yeah, it may be illegal now, but not hard to find. In general there isn't a problem now is there? Not like alcohol anyway. I know policeman with pints of vodka in there desk. . .
              when did I ever say people would use it at work?

all what was said is that the people in Amsterdam who work and smoke weed after work don't have a problem

and to clear it up all I mean by "people being stupid" is that some might drive high, and that could cause some problems

granted there's people that can drive fine high, but what about those who don't? (again you have to factor in the potential for stupidity)

Comment

As long as you don't have huge amounts on you cops round here won't do **** if they find you with it. They just conviscate it, write out a stop & search ticket and send you on your way.
                TBH if you are walking round with an ounce/half ounce it's pretty obvious you ain't going to be smoking that all by yourself so they are going to suspect you are dealing.

Comment

TBH if you are walking round with an ounce/half ounce it's pretty obvious you ain't going to be smoking that all by yourself so they are going to suspect you are dealing.[/QUOTE]

not criticizing you personally.

but see what I mean by human stupidity? walking around with weed on you seems like an incredibly dumb thing to do

and on top of it who would want to be accused of dealing?

that just sounds idiotic ( i am talking about it from a United States perspective.)

Comment

If 16 years of straight fail Ralph Nader gets elected then yes, otherwise it will be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
                      TBH if you are walking round with an ounce/half ounce it's pretty obvious you ain't going to be smoking that all by yourself so they are going to suspect you are dealing.
                      not criticizing you personally.

but see what I mean by human stupidity? walking around with weed on you seems like an incredibly dumb thing to do

and on top of it who would want to be accused of dealing?

that just sounds idiotic ( i am talking about it from a United States perspective.)[/QUOTE]

What if you have a small amount on you and want to go smoke it in the sun somewhere or in a park?
                      That's what we do a lot. Walking round with small amount is fine, but walking around with a lot of it first of all makes you paranoid, and secondly it's just asking to get confiscated.

Comment

Working...
                      X