No announcement yet.

The Official Fury vs Johnson & undercards RbR and Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Fury vs Johnson & undercards RbR and Discussion Thread

I really think that Johnson has a great chance in this fight if he comes in shape. I was just watching the Vitali - Johnson fight and in the first couple rounds it he looked ok, good reflexes and movement etc. He also also has fought a higher level of opposition that Fury.

Fury is no where near the boxer Vitali is, and he doesn't have as much patience in attacking which could play into Johnson's hands.

Equally Fury looks in great shape recently so is a slightly unknown quantity in that respect, he could turn into a beast now hes shed the extra pounds. He is also 2-3 inches taller than Vitali, who dwarfed Johnson, which could make it difficult to land decent punches.

Very interesting fight, i can see both struggling to land early on. I can see Fury wearing him down with his extra size, but can also see Johnson confusing Fury with headmovement, defence and taking advantage of a frustrated Fury. excellent to see two heavyweights who have a chance of winning in the ring together. How do people see this going?
    Fury by KO/TKO
    28.57%
    Fury by Decision
    61.90%
    Johnson by KO/TKO
    0.00%
    Johnson by Decision
    4.76%
    Draw
    4.76%

The poll is expired.

bump cos im needy...

Comment

Anyone picking Johnson?

Not seeing many give him a chance. I know Furys improved but Johnson is without a doubt better than anything he has ever faced.

Johnson is also in shape for him, Fury was mocking his weight but he looked quite lean at the weigh in, for him anyway. He looked very sharp in training alongside Jeff Mayweather too.

Lets just hope he lets his hands go and puts up a good fight.

Comment

Johnson is a pretty good fighter. I haven't really seen him fight recently but pre-Vitali he looked really good at times. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he beats Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
          Johnson is a pretty good fighter. I haven't really seen him fight recently but pre-Vitali he looked really good at times. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he beats Fury.

I seen him in Prizefighter but I don't think we can take much from that as he isn't a 3 round fighter. Though he looked good in dispatching Moudonne in the first round. He looked really sharp to me in his recent training vids

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I seen him in Prizefighter but I don't think we can take much from that as he isn't a 3 round fighter. Though he looked good in dispatching Moudonne in the first round. He looked really sharp to me in his recent training vids
            Tor said that if it wasn't for it being a 3 rounder he would have lost

Comment

Does anyone have a general idea of when the main event will start? 5:00 U.S. eastern time?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Does anyone have a general idea of when the main event will start? 5:00 U.S. eastern time?

The main event starts at 9pm U.K time, 2 & ½ hours away.

According to my trusty translator 16:00 U.S Eastern time.
                I will message you prior to the main event to let you know.

Comment

The main event starts at 9pm U.K time, 2 & ½ hours away.

According to my trusty translator 16:00 U.S Eastern time.
                  I will message you prior to the main event to let you know.
                  Thanks. This is one hw fight I don't want to miss...

Comment

Not seeing many give him a chance. I know Furys improved but Johnson is without a doubt better than anything he has ever faced.

Johnson is also in shape for him, Fury was mocking his weight but he looked quite lean at the weigh in, for him anyway. He looked very sharp in training alongside Jeff Mayweather too.

Lets just hope he lets his hands go and puts up a good fight.

Johnson's waist is thinner than Fury's, I told y'all he would be in shape! He's still gonna lose but he might put up a decent fight maybe even win unofficially.

Comment

Working...
                    X