Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent examples of 1st world military coups or coups stopped by the armed populace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Okay now go to Walmart & see if you can find 1/3 people you'd trust with your life on the line. Those are the people with guns in the US. Unfortunately the reality is the people you wouldn't want to back you up are the mfers who got the guns more likely. The cook in the army is the guy you'd rather have have you back then the duck hunter citizen guy.

I bet a good % of gun owners would be too p#ssy to kill a mfer when it came down to it or be pissing themselves in a armed gun battle. Or when sh^t is exploding around them. There is a reason there is boot camp & training happening before they throw your a$$ into a real fight. Lotsa mfers can't handle that sh^t. Lotsa mfers would lose it.

I definitely foresee day 1 of this fictional battle to involve more citizen gun owners killing other citizen gun owners then the opposing force.
    Why Wal-Mart? Can I go to the local gun range, or the army surplus store? Can I walk into VSP and ask how many troopers would be on our side? If I can find 2 out of 100 people that are battle ready, we have the army outnumbered.

265M guns. 1.4M soldiers

Comment

Half the mfers in here avoiding the mfing question which tells the answer. Everyone knows the answer & everyone knows the military can be manipulated into a lot of sketchy things. I'm a little disturbed some of you are so brainwashed you think the military WOULDN'T kill US citizens (or w/e country) if the right angle was used to get them to do so. Sure some cats would AWOL, but if the stakes were this high they'd probably be shot in the back of the head as they were escaping the base.
      Not avoiding the answer. I pretty much spelled it out. If you want the actual words....It is next to impossible for civilians to defeat the US military, assuming they decided to go balls deep. With that said. We have an actual real world example of what would happen should **** get to that level and no it wouldn't be just a few cats going AWOL getting shot in the back of the head. People seem to forget that our military isn't just based in some central area waiting to go whoop some ass. Bases are spread out all over the country. Many of which have access to tanks, jets, bombers, etc etc etc. Hell there is a National Guard base 10 miles from my house that has dozens of tanks. And that is just one small base. It would take one state, like NC, deciding **** Washington, and the access to sheer fire power would be devastating. We are talking access to the 82nd Airborne at Fort Bragg, Pope Air Force Base, and a Naval base. All within pissing distance of DC with how our military can project power. Your confidence that somehow everyone would just drop down and lick Washington's nuts, if it got to that point, is quite frankly crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        In 2014 the Ukrainian people took the street to oust their commander and chief who had full control of the military, a military which consisted of tanks and jets. In less than a year, those people who were not armed with anything other than pipe bombs and molotov ****tails ousted the President, less than 100 were killed. Ukraine is a second world country, far more corrupt, and far less advanced than the USA, and less than 5% of their population own firearms.

In 1991 the oppressive Soviet regime fell apart when people took to the streets with no weapons.
        Don't know much about the Ukrainian situation, but I'm sure there is more going on then a people vs there government battle going on. And we both know there was more going on with the Soviet example you brought up. This is apples to oranges sh^t.

If you think the USA government would just steam roll through their people you have tunnel vision. Americans in general are well armed, certain states have their own ideologies. Meaning if a governmental revolt did happen against a place like Texas, in all likelihood it wouldn't just be Texas, states like Oklahoma, Arizona, and others would join them as well.
        I think you are extremely hopeful of the average US dipsh^t with a gun. I'm POSITIVE there are some bada$$es out there who'd hold their own in dire situations. I'm POSITIVE of that. I know people like that. I know the average person with a gun is a half a **** when the sh^t hits the fan or that would be a solid estimate I believe. Sure there might be a better rate of no half a ****s to bada$$es in Texas & other states, but thats not gonna change the tide THAT much. You'd still have confused mfers shooting themselves or shooting their own guys in fear.

Of course it does, the public held massive war protests against Vietnam when they saw what was happening over there. What do you think the public would do once the media started broadcasting the USA government slaughtering its own civilians? Are you really that dull.
        Are you that dull to think there wouldn't be a bunch of the media throwing out the government take on things if the sh^t really went down? The media is more than half **** when the government says jump then the citizens are. You don't think that'd be something they'd be on top of?

And you don't think those going against the government (soldier or media) would be shot in the head for not playing for the right team?

Like I said the first day of this battle would involve more citizens killing other citizens & on the government side the first day would probably involve a lot of killing of those who are showing their true colors in their own ranks & the media. Within a week, if that long, all the TV channels would be talking about how the citizens attacking the government are a bunch of loons & the rest of the citizens need to get to safety at a FEMA facility. The government is very good at the manipulation game. Don't short sell them there. The propaganda would be intense & plenty would fall to the propaganda more than the bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          It is next to impossible for civilians to defeat the US military
          I agree. We got the best military in the world by several multipliers. We spend half a trillion a year on it. It can't be f#cked with by a bunch of squirrel gun having mfers. The only reason we've "lost" any battle is cuz we aren't trying to make a parking lot of the place we got beef against.

And that is just one small base. It would take one state, like NC, deciding **** Washington, and the access to sheer fire power would be devastating. We are talking access to the 82nd Airborne at Fort Bragg, Pope Air Force Base, and a Naval base. All within pissing distance of DC with how our military can project power.
          Sounds like a great made for TV movie.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            Why Wal-Mart? Can I go to the local gun range, or the army surplus store? Can I walk into VSP and ask how many troopers would be on our side? If I can find 2 out of 100 people that are battle ready, we have the army outnumbered.

265M guns. 1.4M soldiers
            It can be anywhere not just Walmart. You're saying 1/3 people have guns. You trust every 3rd person you see with your life? I f#cking don't. I don't trust 1 in 3 people to be wiping their a$$ correctly let alone to kill government trained soldiers. Respect on your faith in the American public doe I guess. "Murica...we the best at everything even beating our own military which IS the best in the world".

And okay you got 2 people outta 100 "battle ready", whatever that means to the average deer hunter. The problem isn't those 2 mfers its the other 98 mfers f#cking sh^t up at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              Quick numbers to crunch.

There are roughly 265M privately owned guns in U.S.

Roughly 100M Americans own a gun.

There are roughly 1.4M people in the U.S. Armed Forces (not sure if that number includes cooks, truck drivers, and file clerks)

The military has to kill us at a roughly 100:1 ratio to win
              yeah i'd favour the military at 100 to 1 mate. I cant see general jim raynor and his buddies shooting down an apache or a jet very easily. Or do much when the tanks come rollling in. Or stop the navy firing down missiles. A couple of bombs on the redneck trailer parks will wipe a lot of them out.

Comment

I agree. We got the best military in the world by several multipliers. We spend half a trillion a year on it. It can't be f#cked with by a bunch of squirrel gun having mfers. The only reason we've "lost" any battle is cuz we aren't trying to make a parking lot of the place we got beef against.

Sounds like a great made for TV movie.
                Was the Civil War a made for TV movie? I mean that is the level we are talking about here.

Comment

pretty funny to see green toof red coats be at the forefront of this discussion. clearly still butthurt over 1776, when armed citizens helped bodybag the best military in the world!

Comment

It can be anywhere not just Walmart. You're saying 1/3 people have guns. You trust every 3rd person you see with your life? I f#cking don't. I don't trust 1 in 3 people to be wiping their a$$ correctly let alone to kill government trained soldiers. Respect on your faith in the American public doe I guess. "Murica...we the best at everything even beating our own military which IS the best in the world".

And okay you got 2 people outta 100 "battle ready", whatever that means to the average deer hunter. The problem isn't those 2 mfers its the other 98 mfers f#cking sh^t up at that point.
                    You say deer Hunter, and duck Hunter like that's all the US has. Did all the veterans leave? Or did they side with army? The fact remains that if I can recruit 1 out of every 200 or so Americans being combat ready, not just "whatever that means to a deer hunter " (Which I thought was a little derisive on your part), then we will have the army outnumbered.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                      Was the Civil War a made for TV movie? I mean that is the level we are talking about here.
                      The civil war was the government fighting the government basically. Both sides were armed for a war. You got the government fighting the citizens, who are armed for duck hunting season, with this situation. Entirely different situation I'd argue.

And your whole hope is on a rag tag bunch of 82nd airborne soldiers, led by Jake Gyllenhaal is my guess, saying "f#ck the government" & getting a whole region of the country on their side to attack the government in some ultimate Rudy story. Its a lil made for TV-ish you gotta admit. Well unless I get my pick & Jake plays the lead role. Then I think we got a potential blockbuster on our hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X