No announcement yet.

"Hey Santos, you win"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    In 2001 @ WW Mosley knocks him out and DLH beats him too imo.
    This was around 2004, and Shane with Jack in his corner. I will say it would have been at least a much better fight between those 2 than what it was in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Yeah definitely. BTW that Santos fight was ridiculous. And I loved Tony back then--dude was such a warrior he turned others into warriors just by fighting them. Santos went right back to fighting off his backfoot after this bout.
      It was something special Marg, his pressure style mixed with that chin is just insane. He doesn't get credit he deserves for it. People even like to mesh him with the likes of Baldomir and I find that ridiculous. Because, Marg was a level or two above Baldomir.

I think Marg was even a better fighter than Mayorga also. I think it would of been a war. But, I always thought Marg was better than Mayorga. Marg didn't have the greatest skills but it is a shame that a lot of people didn't notice the subtle things Marg did well.

And, is sad that so many top WWs, didn't want to face him. It sucked, cuz for the last WW era Marg was an elite WW and he should of have gotten his opportunity earlier. Granted the last era for WWs wasn't as good as the 90's let alone the 80's. But, doesn't take the fact away that Marg was an elite WW maybe arguably the best WW in the last era.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        It was something special Marg, his pressure style mixed with that chin is just insane. He doesn't get credit he deserves for it. People even like to mesh him with the likes of Baldomir and I find that ridiculous. Because, Marg was a level or two above Baldomir.

I think Marg was even a better fighter than Mayorga also. I think it would of been a war. But, I always thought Marg was better than Mayorga. Marg didn't have the greatest skills but it is a shame that a lot of people didn't notice the subtle things Marg did well.

And, is sad that so many top WWs, didn't want to face him. It sucked, cuz for the last WW era Marg was an elite WW and he should of have gotten his opportunity earlier. Granted the last era for WWs wasn't as good as the 90's let alone the 80's. But, doesn't take the fact away that Marg was an elite WW maybe arguably the best WW in the last era.
        Top notch post here. Agree with everything.

Comment

WTF you guys talking bout, Margarito was always over hyped. His biggest win was Miguel Cotto, Cintron is an ESPN fighter, nothing more.

Comment

Marg will never face Collazo, he would school him. OR even Quintana.

Comment

Originally posted by rican411 View Post
              Marg will never face Collazo, he would school him. OR even Quintana.

Comment

Working...
              X