No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo vs. Delvin Rodriguez in Play For 12/15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    Never thought about that but could be the case as we seen in Canelo last macth up you need a plan D just in case.
    Plan D? How about A thru Z? The Canelo curse is worse than the Madden curse.
    Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Damn, they're moving him fast. Not an easy fight, Delvin is not Casarez. I'd rather see Angulo fight Canelo before Canelo gets that big fight though IMO.
    I think Angulo needs some touches first. Rodriguez might not be a soft touch but a good fight. Rodriguez is too inconsistent.

Comment

this should be a war.....

Comment

On one hand, we don't really know where Angulo stands at this point with the layoff. On the other hand, I never felt Rodriguez was a real jr middleweight. A prime Angulo vs Rodriguez should be a mismatch. But it's only interesting now because the circumstances surrounding Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          For Angulo?

I don't think it's too soon. Especially if Rodriguez fights the way he fought vs Trout. Angulo will definitely take advantage of his inactivity with pressure and put his ass away.
          trout is rangy clever southpaw that does not give you much to work on

Rodriguez will fight angulo the same say he fought wolak. rodriguez was plenty active in those fights

wolak brings the pressure and so does angulo plus he brings power unlike wolak

style wise and angulo lack of activity in the ring this no easy match up

a fight i can see going either way but of course i will favor angulo to win

Comment

Goldenboy is keeping angulo active to make up for lost time, this is good. Hope angulo strings together some nice wins and maybe get a shot at Canelo sometime in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Plan D? How about A thru Z? The Canelo curse is worse than the Madden curse.

I think Angulo needs some touches first. Rodriguez might not be a soft touch but a good fight. Rodriguez is too inconsistent.
              I wouldn't say inconsistent, he simply struggles against boxers, fighters that move because he doesn't have the foot speed to stop it. He excels well against fighters who come at him which is why I see Rodriguez winning this, possibly by stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                I wouldn't say inconsistent, he simply struggles against boxers, fighters that move because he doesn't have the foot speed to stop it. He excels well against fighters who come at him which is why I see Rodriguez winning this, possibly by stoppage.
                Rodriguez does do better against face fighters, but so does almost everybody else. Wolak was the aggressor in both of thier fights and he landed plenty, so it's not like Rodriguez has an easy time with them. Angulo appears to hit harder than Wolak, and he's not as wide open, so I figure a hard fight and the loser gets the title shot.

Comment

Wolak would of been a much better fight but he's retired. Shame.

Comment

Got a soft spot for Delvin; seeing him get robbed against that Theopane bum was heart breaking. Hope he pulls off one more upset.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      Interesting fight.

If Angulo doesn't KO him, I can see Rodriguez win a decision.
                      My thoughts.

Perro needs to clip and stop him, or this has the possibility of being an Angulo/Cintron repeat where he gets outboxed the entire way.

Comment

Working...
                      X