No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #4 - George Groves vs Chris Eubank Jr, Feb 17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSB Pick 'em #4 - George Groves vs Chris Eubank Jr, Feb 17

BETTING ODDS: EDIT: Eubank Jr is a non-prohibitive, -150 to -210, favorite No bonus multipliers

You only need to post in this thread to indicate if you'd like to use one of your 2X or 3X multipliers. EG.
    BrometheusBob.,2X
    If you are using no multiplier (1X), and not picking a draw, just voting in the poll puts you in. I will assume you want 1X unless you post otherwise.

NOTES:
    -Draws are worth 120pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 30pts.

-CLOSE is <12 pts difference, or anything closer than 116-112 on all three scorecards. WIDE is >=12 pts difference, or anything equivalent to 116-112 on all three cards or wider.

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 5 doubles and 3 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me -MEGA-
    BostonGuy
    George Groves by Close Decision
    25.69%
    George Groves by Wide Decision
    6.42%
    George Groves by KO 1-4
    1.83%
    George Groves by KO 5-8
    3.67%
    George Groves by KO 9-12
    3.67%
    Chris Eubank Jr by Close Decision
    19.27%
    Chris Eubank Jr by Wide Decision
    2.75%
    Chris Eubank Jr by KO 1-4
    0.00%
    Chris Eubank Jr by KO 5-8
    11.93%
    Chris Eubank Jr by KO 9-12
    24.77%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 02-12-2018, 01:41 PM.

Goddammit. I'm kinda rooting for Groves here, just cos I think he's slightly less of a dick - since Froch spanked some humility into him at least - than Jr and cos I think he's a superior boxer overall. However I've just got a sense that it's young Eubank's time and that his work rate and fitness are gonna pose real problems for the Saint here. Head says Jr by close decision or just possibly late stoppage, heart has Groves by Mid round stoppage...

Eubank. PTS. CLOSE.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 02-11-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Am still kinda undecided on this one, Eubank has better momentum whereas Groves arguably past-prime but gonna go with Groves close decision as official pick.

Style wise the best version of Groves has an advantage, he's shown he can stick and move, box behind a jab, catch guys who get too aggressive with big right hands. Eubank has improved since his defeat but still looks raw sometimes in each fight. Groves will do well early, maybe even score a KD, then start to tire and lose rounds late, but make it over the finish line in the end. Probably.

Comment

I'm going with groves--I think he's turned into a better fighter post froch, maybe even a better person.

He's highly underrated as a fighter. He is also the bigger man against eubank which seems to effect eubank,

Comment

Eubank will win.

Comment

FrankieClutch, 1x. I have a feeling that Groves is going to weather an early storm and decision Eubank

Comment

HeadBodyBodyBody,3X

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                BETTING ODDS:Groves is a non-prohibitive, -150 to -210, favoriteNo bonus multipliers

You only need to post in this thread to indicate if you'd like to use one of your 2X or 3X multipliers. EG.

If you are using no multiplier (1X), and not picking a draw, just voting in the poll puts you in. I will assume you want 1X unless you post otherwise.

NOTES:
                -Draws are worth 120pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 30pts.

-CLOSE is <12 pts difference, or anything closer than 116-112 on all three scorecards. WIDE is >=12 pts difference, or anything equivalent to 116-112 on all three cards or wider.

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 5 doubles and 3 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me -MEGA-
                Is Groves favourite in the US or something?
                Eubank is as short as a 1/2 favourite here in the UK. Which I think is terrible odds.
                I think Groves will win myself tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Is Groves favourite in the US or something?
                  Eubank is as short as a 1/2 favourite here in the UK. Which I think is terrible odds.
                  I think Groves will win myself tbh.
                  From what ive seen Eubank is the fav about same.But what a lot of people don't get is there not trying to pick winner they trying to fig out HOW we will bet.I mean look at Floyd last one 4/5-1 cmon those guys knew better then that.But they knew how many people would drink the Kool-Aid and pick my fellow Irishman.

Comment

I am gonna wait until after the weigh in. Then I’ll be more confident in doing so. I keep going back and forth on who I like. You have a slick boxer puncher , that can get a lil reckless, vs the more experienced and larger man. Gonna be a good fight!

Comment

Working...
                    X