Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injured nose

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there wasn't any swelling, no hematoma, no black eyes or anything then it's probably fine. I've been cracked straight in the nose by 300 lbers and it was sore from the bridge down into the top of the gum, but was fine.
    Its most likely going to be sore for a few days and will heal up. I did however spar a couple days later and didn't even realize I got hit in the nose that much and that night I got a hematoma in both nostrils and it extremely difficult to breath out of it. Ended up having to get it drained.

So be careful with repeated trauma right away (ie like within 2-4 days), it should heal up in a week or two completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Cozamcc1993 View Post
      Can’t see any swelling as such but it has been a good while since it happened, will be 4 rounds and I know I won’t feel it during the actual bout but it’s kinda hard to get good rounds in when your constantly worried about it, just bloody annoying more than anything lol
      You usually CAN see the sweeling but not always.

Seems like a recurring issue. Could be like some cystic acne or something also. Those ingrown ones that hurt like a b itch.

Comment

I know most boxers dont care for full facial headgear when sparring but once you get to a certain level, size, weight etc. It really should be implemented. Reading some of the posters comments on their past injuries should really add to my point.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Sometimes I use a nose guard when I get a nose injury during sparring
          Are you a Moderator? When did that happen

Comment

Working...
          X