Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Marciano: Who was Greater?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather vs Marciano: Who was Greater?

Since Mayweather and Marciano are now tied at #1 in history at 49-0 for the most wins of any undefeated champions, their names will forever be intertwined. But, eventually, there can only be one true #1 (in terms of record).

Once and for All: Who in your opinion had the greater 49-0?

Mayweather best wins: Manny Pacquiao, Oscar Dela Hoya, Canelo, Miguel Cotto.

Marciano best wins: Joe Louis, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles, Jersie Joe Walcott.

Serious discussion only, no insults or trolling.
    Floyd Money Mayweather
    48.96%
    The Rock From Brockton
    51.04%
    Last edited by The King Hornet; 05-30-2016, 05:26 AM.

Different eras, p4p mayweather is great no doubt but rocky fought at Heavyweight so the p4p argument doesn't work. Gotta go with the heavyweight champion.
    Last edited by Ricky Bahl; 05-30-2016, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Floyd has the way better resume. Marciano fought in a weak era. All of his top names are smaller guys coming up to heavy or guys who were completely shot. People make a big deal about him only being 190 lbs but he was the naturally larger guy in almost all of his best wins.

Floyd went through multiple divisions, spent his entire career fighting larger men and fought at a higher level of competition way on earlier on his career.

Comment

Maciano was 29 when he won the heavyweight championship and defended it 6 times in 3 years before retiring.

Cant believe people really think beating a 39 year old for the championship and defending the title against smaller men or shot opponents is better than Mayweather dominating the sport at the highest levels for basically 16 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong Pimp View Post
          Different eras, p4p mayweather is greater but rocky fought at heavyweight so the p4p argument doesn't work. Gotta go with the heavyweight champion.
          P4P was invented to compare smaller fighters with bigger ones and give them their credit.

Comment

Floyd is better skill wise, resume wise, and legacy wise. He fought more champions, had more title fights, and broke records at a time when the sport was at its lowest point in main stream popularity.

Comment

I seen 6 people voted Marciano but I havent seen a single compelling argument as to why he was greater.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Maciano was 29 when he won the heavyweight championship and defended it 6 times in 3 years before retiring.

Cant believe people really think beating a 39 year old for the championship and defending the title against smaller men or shot opponents is better than Mayweather dominating the sport at the highest levels for basically 16 years.
                I really hope you're joking, Fraud Jr fought a one-armed shot post-ktfo Pacquiao, fought old shot Oscar, old shot Mosley, drained Canelo, and you wanna say he fought better opponents than Rocky????? You have the nerve to talk about "SHOT opponents"? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Rocky never had to drain opponents, never had to do catchweights, never cheated with IVs, never ducked opponents for 5 years, Rocky fought all time greats and KNOCKED THEM OUT!!!!!

Comment

I seen 6 people voted Marciano but I havent seen a single compelling argument as to why he was greater.
                  They're people le who don't like Floyd if you put anyone they would vote against.

Comment

Marciano had the far better resume, Marciano never cheated with IVs, Marciano never ducked anyone for 5 years, Marciano never "went on vacation" right when his division got heated, Marciano never drained opponents to fight at catchweights, Marciano never moved opponents up 2 divisions and then cheated them on the scales, Marciano was the HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, should I keep going?
                    Last edited by Avenge Myself; 05-30-2016, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X