Well this is a strange find.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this is a strange find.....

What do you guys make of this....

EXCLUSIVE: Gary O'Sullivan RULES OUT David Lemieux, REVEALS CANELO DEAL for September
    17 MARCH 2018

Gary O’Sullivan has exclusively revealed to WBN that he's set to face superstar Canelo Alvarez in September regardless of the result in the Mexican's next fight.

Canelo is set to fight Gennady Golovkin in their highly-anticipated rematch, and win or lose on May 5th, O'Sullivan stated the encounter is on and he's backing himself to KO the Mexican.

O’Sullivan, commonly known as 'Spike', is coming off perhaps a career-best performance in knocking out Antoine Douglas through seven rounds on the undercard of the Billy Joe Saunders v David Lemieux last December.

The enigmatic Irishman had been touted for a fight on the Canelo v GGG undercard against David Lemieux, but he 33 year-old revealed that is not the case.

“I’m fighting May 4th in Vegas, I don’t even have an opponent announced, but I will have an opponent announced soon and I know it's not Lemieux and I know it's not Rosado, it’s neither of those," O'Sullivan exclusively told World Boxing News.

“I’m not sure who I’ll be fighting at the moment but Golden Boy are putting somebody in place and I’m going to fight them on the 4th May in Vegas,” he added.

If O’Sullivan is successful in the spring, his superfight with stablemate Canelo awaits in September, according to the Irishman.

Despite the deal already been agreed, O’Sullivan has his fingers crossed Canelo comes out on top against Golovkin, in order for the world titles to be a stake.

“The fight i’m looking at is Canelo after May 4th so I hope that Canelo obviously beats Golovkin. I’m going to fight him regardless but it’s much better for me if he wins.”

Discussing the first fight between Canelo and Golovkin, O'Sullivan joked: “That’s what I’m hearing (that Golovkin deserved to win) but I didn’t even watch it!

“I did see the highlights and I think it’s going to be a close fight (in the rematch but I think Canelo has a good chance but it could go either way, to be honest. Maybe Canelo might win on points this time.”

Despite Canelo’s status as one of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet, O'Sullivan is not fazed one little bit and is confident in his own power.

“I’m looking forward to it you know, I’m very excited about it for that fight I believe I'm possibly the hardest puncher in the whole division.

“if Canelo beats Golovkin I’d love the opportunity to knock him out and prove I can mix it with the best in this division,” he concluded.

Sounds like a great fight... both are Irish at least! Lol

Comment

Lol, even if Canelo loses his left arm against GGG he'll still give "Spike" a hell of a beating.

Comment

i'll forever associate spike with that eubank press conference 'im gonna knock you out chris' x 100.

Comment

Boxing Scene is good about putting up important boxing news on their top headlines. They are fast and accurate. This is big news and yet there is nothing about it on Boxing Scene top headlines. Until I see this there I tend to think it is BS. Why would a boxer as important as Canelo be fighting a relatively unknown guy like this? His win over Douglas was no big deal.

Comment

Clenelo daring to be great

Comment

I think its bs. As someone mentioned in another thread Spike has already falsed said he was attached to another fight in the past (Rosado iirc) that never came to be & the guy said the news was entirely bs.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo IS shopping for opponents & maybe even sent out prelim contracts to several potential opponents (seems early to be doing that being that he's not even fighting for another 2mos & this fight would be 6mos from now, but who knows), maybe even to Spik, but by no means do I think he's got anyone written in ink for his September opponent let alone it being Spike.

Comment

I really hope it's just spike talking ****. He got schooled by Eubank and beat a few decent fighters. He brings nothing to a world title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                  What do you guys make of this....

EXCLUSIVE: Gary O'Sullivan RULES OUT David Lemieux, REVEALS CANELO DEAL for September
                  17 MARCH 2018

Gary O’Sullivan has exclusively revealed to WBN that he's set to face superstar Canelo Alvarez in September regardless of the result in the Mexican's next fight.

Canelo is set to fight Gennady Golovkin in their highly-anticipated rematch, and win or lose on May 5th, O'Sullivan stated the encounter is on and he's backing himself to KO the Mexican.

O’Sullivan, commonly known as 'Spike', is coming off perhaps a career-best performance in knocking out Antoine Douglas through seven rounds on the undercard of the Billy Joe Saunders v David Lemieux last December.

The enigmatic Irishman had been touted for a fight on the Canelo v GGG undercard against David Lemieux, but he 33 year-old revealed that is not the case.

“I’m fighting May 4th in Vegas, I don’t even have an opponent announced, but I will have an opponent announced soon and I know it's not Lemieux and I know it's not Rosado, it’s neither of those," O'Sullivan exclusively told World Boxing News.

“I’m not sure who I’ll be fighting at the moment but Golden Boy are putting somebody in place and I’m going to fight them on the 4th May in Vegas,” he added.

If O’Sullivan is successful in the spring, his superfight with stablemate Canelo awaits in September, according to the Irishman.

Despite the deal already been agreed, O’Sullivan has his fingers crossed Canelo comes out on top against Golovkin, in order for the world titles to be a stake.

“The fight i’m looking at is Canelo after May 4th so I hope that Canelo obviously beats Golovkin. I’m going to fight him regardless but it’s much better for me if he wins.”

Discussing the first fight between Canelo and Golovkin, O'Sullivan joked: “That’s what I’m hearing (that Golovkin deserved to win) but I didn’t even watch it!

“I did see the highlights and I think it’s going to be a close fight (in the rematch but I think Canelo has a good chance but it could go either way, to be honest. Maybe Canelo might win on points this time.”

Despite Canelo’s status as one of the best pound for pound fighters on the planet, O'Sullivan is not fazed one little bit and is confident in his own power.

“I’m looking forward to it you know, I’m very excited about it for that fight I believe I'm possibly the hardest puncher in the whole division.

“if Canelo beats Golovkin I’d love the opportunity to knock him out and prove I can mix it with the best in this division,” he concluded.
                  Interesting read thanks for sharing. Not sure if it's true but it's not beyond possibility after two tough fights with golovkin he might be suited to fight someone of spikes calibre he's not a world beater. But by no means a soft touch similar to the Liam Smith fight canelo probably stops Gary with a bodyshot late on in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    That said I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo IS shopping for opponents & maybe even sent out prelim contracts to several potential opponents (seems early to be doing that being that he's not even fighting for another 2mos & this fight would be 6mos from now, but who knows), maybe even to Spik, but by no means do I think he's got anyone written in ink for his September opponent let alone it being Spike.
                    I think that's what it is. His manager probably sent an inquiry to Canelo's team and that got perverted into, "I'm fighting Canelo this fall."

Though I'm sure it would be a financial blessing for Spike, he would take a hell of a beating for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X