Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parkland survivor and MAGA teen gets Harvard scholarship rescinded over racial slurs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Sure. I'd still argue both are just words. And a lot of people still consider the N word either of those words.
    Are you African American, or African?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      It's not a mistake.

The word didn't just slip.

He's not mistakenly being a racist, he was raised that way by his parents and family. It's instilled in him, that is part of who he is.

You see these boxingscene posters posting anonymously, being racist as hell, being prejudice. If they get exposed, they will feel bad they were exposed, but then revert right back as long as they're speaking privately or anonymously. This is what i'm getting at and what you don't understand i'm saying.

He's literally only sorry he was caught, he is not sorry that he's racist. That's the mind of a sorry ass person.
      I don't think using a word makes ANYONE racist. I've heard all sorts of slurs in my day & most of the time they've been used in anger or under stress or are used to shock people shocked by racial slurs like a lot of people still are today.

Maybe this kid IS legit racist. I just don't believing using a word proves that.

Do you believe that he's now magically changed?
      I don't believe in magical words. I think the onus on ANYONE being racist is about more than a word being used.

Or do you think it's more reasonable to think that he's still the same racist kid he was 2 years ago and would still give his honest opinion about black people as long as it's private and/or anonymous?
      There is some naivety in this sort of comment. Like maybe you don't think people of all races have some thoughts about people of other races behind the scences or that having thoughts about people of other races makes one racist to begin with or that even shocking slurs about other races are THAT meaningful about their overall stance on race relations.

Like I said over & over in this thread mfers are too into words over actions. The real racists today are using coded language like a mfer. The real racists are using words like "urban" or "inner city" like the real racists on this site do. The N word is some low level racist discovery word these days.

Comment

I think the onus on ANYONE being racist is about more than a word being used.
        But...humans communicate via words. That's how people interact, and share their opinions, with words.

Like I said over & over in this thread mfers are too into words over actions.
        What more do you want them to do? What action do you want them to take? Shoot up a Church full of black people?

How do you not see his words, and people like him, using those kinds of words, in that type context, with that type of tone, is what's has been wrong with America for centuries.

What you are defending will one day look as archaic as slavery.

I would like to know if you are African American, because that will tell me everything about why you do not find his text offensive. If you are, that would just be plain weird to stick up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          But...humans communicate via words. That's how people interact, and share their opinions, with words.
          Sure.

But if I just say the word "B^tch" or "C#nt" does that mean I hate women since those are deemed offensive terms for women?

What if I'm directing it at a specific woman & not all women?

Could I just be trying to shock people by using those shocking offensive words?

Could I just be trying to offend that specific woman?

Does merely using certain words always define a persons intention in life & not just in that moment they used that word?

What more do you want them to do? What action do you want them to take? Shoot up a Church full of black people?
          So one extreme to the other is your answer? You think cuz I don't think a word makes one racist that you gotta go kill a bunch of people of that race to make one racist lol.

I think racism is more complicated then words thats for sure. Thats the problem with defining who's legit racist. Those legit racist mfers aren't wearing KKK uniforms & screaming the N word out in the street so much these days like back in the day.

And honestly I'd suspect that anyone who goes off to kill a bunch of people is probably more crazy than racist.

How do you not see his words, and people like him, using those kinds of words, in that type context, with that type of tone, is what's has been wrong with America for centuries.
          I think the problems with America go well beyond words. Like I said I actually think we are too invested in words.

Like have you heard this bs term "food insecure" people are throwing out there these days. Its a more pleasant way of saying people are living beneath the poverty level. They are poor. They are broke. But it sounds so much better to say they are "food insecure" then they are broke & poor & can't sustain themselves.

I think we over complicate things with language in this country unlike in any other country I'm aware of.

I don't think we take care of our own. I don't think we care for much beyond ourselves, our own feelings & our own success. I think people are too consumed by being a consumer when they do got good things happening for them & they aren't "food insecure" like so many people in America are today. I think people would rather exchange words than take action against the wrongs in this country.

There are a lot of problems in the US. I don't think offensive slurs of any racial group are among them.

What you are defending will one day look as archaic as slavery.
          You are probably right & thats why so much is going to sh^t & will continue to go to sh^t in the US structurally. People are worried about words & talking about problems vs actually fixing problems & taking actions.

I would like to know if you are African American, because that will tell me everything about why you do not find his text offensive. If you are, that would just be plain weird to stick up for him.
          Thats what you think cuz you are probably one of those cats who think people of all non-white races have to be in agreement with each other like a lot of white people think for some weird ass reason. Like there is a black way to act or a Asian way to act or a hispanic way to act. White people have individuality, but non-white people are a voting block & have regular meetings so everyone lines up together. Or better yet if you try to have individuality as a non-white person you are a sell out.

I'm pro accountability for your words to be clear. I think this kid shoulda lost his scholarship for those words as I've said numerous times in this thread already. I don't think demonizing him as a racist for a word makes any f#cking sense at all cuz we don't know his intent or really much of the context of these slurs he used.

I've said offensive words in my past. I'd bet a lot of people here you or I wouldn't classify as hating any group of people have used offensive words in their past. I'd bet anything you've used offensive words in your past unless you are a undercover saint. Does that define us? Should that define a person? I don't think it does & I don't think it should.

I think there is more that needs to be decided before you can throw that label on someone then a word being uttered & I sorta think its insane PC world some people think a word being uttered just automatically makes you something.

Comment

14 and 15 year olds should not be punished for their statements they made at that age.

They are kids and in the process of growing up!

In the eight grade I thought Hitler was a hero! But in H.S. I discovered he was a cold blooded killer!

But your decide!

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
              14 and 15 year olds should not be punished for their statements they made at that age.

In the eight grade I thought Hitler was a hero! But in H.S. I discovered he was a cold blooded killer!

But your decide!
              You were a dumbass in 8th grade. You should've known better by the 8th grade

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post

But your decide!
                Lol thats outta left field.

Were you raised by neo-nazis?

And sure, at that age we can believe all kinds of dumb ***** because we still dont know *****.

However, when it comes to racism, we dont need to dance around the fact that it is passed down generation by generation. It is literally cultural to alot of people.

Comment

Working...
                X