No announcement yet.

Insult Muhammed = Free Speach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insult Muhammed = Free Speach

I've seen many people online that don't like the whole "Je Suis Charlie" thing with this picture......Do you agree, do they have a point?

Last edited by VatoMulatto; 01-16-2015, 08:18 PM.

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    I've seen many people online that don't like the whole "Je Suis Charlie" thing with this picture......Do you agree, do they have a point?

They have a point. The only analogous argument I can see from this whiteboard is that Muslims want to be a part of the victim mentality (but are kind of butthurt because they can't?) Call someone the "n" word, he'll get mad and want to hit you in the face maybe but you won't die. Insult gays, they really don't care. You just look like a caveman but you won't die. Insult an imaginary character and his imaginary master...uh oh...you must die. Its absolutely ******ed.

Comment

I don't see anyone getting shot over sexism, anti-semitism, ****phobia or even racism in this day and age. The punishment for insult is not death.

Don't we hear sexism, ****phobia, racism in music all the time?

Which cartoonist was murdered for these pics?

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post

They have every right to be angry and offended. What they don't have a right to is go out and kill someone just because they don't like what they've said, or believe what they believe in.

Comment

LOL you don't know how to spell speech?

Comment

Charlie Hebdo as a magazine has had a longstanding anti-clerical editorial policy and has satirised every religion. Its most provocative cartoon against Islam was of Muhammad open mouth kissing a male cartoonist, and this was drawn after Islamic militants fire-bombed their offices. Charlie Hebdo is a far left publication, pro immigration, anti-racism and virulently anti-religious.

The sign itself is an exercise in absurdity. For decades Muhammad has alone been considered untouchable among the deities of popular religions (I know they say he isn't a deity but let's face it, the way he is revered is basically idolatry) because people were afraid to make fun of him. Death threats, fatwahs and angry mobs made Islam untouchable.

This is still the case. South Park has Jesus as a recurring character, but the two episodes representing Muhammad have essentially been erased. It's not just threats of violence either, although that's an undeniable factor. Somehow this religion's professional victim brigade has managed to successfully conflate criticism of Islam with racism. You get a double whammy if you suggest that the real life Muhammad was a warmongering rapist, because not only are you "Islamophobic" you are also denounced as "racist".

Comment

I think it's worth pointing out that nobody was killed because of this image:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-...s-image,29553/

It's not safe for work by the way, unless your office is fine with graphic cartoons showing Jesus and Moses being wanked off by a transgender Ganesh who is simultaneously fist-fucking Buddha.

"WASHINGTON***8212;Following the publication of the image above, in which the most cherished figures from multiple religious faiths were depicted engaging in a lascivious sex act of considerable depravity, no one was murdered, beaten, or had their lives threatened, sources reported Thursday. The image of the Hebrew prophet Moses high-fiving Jesus Christ as both are having their erect penises vigorously masturbated by Ganesha, all while the Hindu deity anally penetrates Buddha with his fist, reportedly went online at 6:45 p.m. EDT, after which not a single bomb threat was made against the organization responsible, nor did the person who created the cartoon go home fearing for his life in any way. Though some members of the Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths were reportedly offended by the image, sources confirmed that upon seeing it, they simply shook their heads, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their day."

It's no good saying that you're being picked on when you take more offence at everything than anyone else in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
                LOL you don't know how to spell speech?
                Haha, yeah that was a mistake....I don't know how to EDIT my thread title (Is that possible)

Now we're off topic so let's back to what this thread is all about..What's your opinion? Do they have a point?

Comment

You can insult anyone and say what the **** you want.................JUST BE READY TO DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES

Comment

No they dont have a point. When u insult, black, jews, gays, etc etc, u insulting a real person living in a real world. When the last time u saw the prophet? I didnt see him in a loong time.

Charlie Hebdo made jokes abt Jesus and God too. Did I get offended? Not at all.

So no they dont have a point. Its pretty sad

Comment

Working...
                    X