Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If B-Hop at his best bulked up to 194lb like RJJ, could he have beaten the Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If B-Hop at his best bulked up to 194lb like RJJ, could he have beaten the Klitschkos

As they are today?

Vitali being 41 years old and Wladmir being 36? I was looking at Roy Jones Jr moving up to 194lbs and beaten John Ruiz, but not stepping into the ring with Lennox Lews. (Probably a smart thing!)

But imagine the best version of Hopkins beating a solid heavyweight at around 194lbs mark. If he was then willing to fight both Klitschkos. Could Hopkins take them on and beat them?

No. Too small and not enough power to keep them off of him. They could just wade through his shots.

Comment

Bernard would not have the same success at heavy that Roy did or could have had.

Both were too small for the Klits, period.

Comment

according to Dwyer....YES.

Comment

He "couldn't" be at his best at 194lbs. to begin with. This guy runs around the ring against 175lb guys who can't punch what kind of a showing is he going to put on against heavies?
          Is this one of the "fantasy Fights" at Disney Land? Ray.
          Last edited by Ray Corso; 12-24-2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Ray, i'm just saying what would happen if he followed the route of Roy Jones Jr and, a better example, Floyd Patterson.

Both were middleweight/light heavyweights who moved up to Heavyweight. They fought in the 190-200lb range, which had been a heavyweight weight for a long time. Actually RJJ fought at Heavyweight at 194lbs, so I assume you can still campaign for Heavyweight at that weight.

If Hopkins was 29-33 years old and bulked up to the 195lbs rounds, could he defeat the Klitschkos in a heavyweight match-up. Or a Klitschko. That is all. It is a fantasy fights because it can never happen, but this is a discussion forum where people exchange opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
              As they are today?

Vitali being 41 years old and Wladmir being 36? I was looking at Roy Jones Jr moving up to 194lbs and beaten John Ruiz, but not stepping into the ring with Lennox Lews. (Probably a smart thing!)

But imagine the best version of Hopkins beating a solid heavyweight at around 194lbs mark. If he was then willing to fight both Klitschkos. Could Hopkins take them on and beat them?
              No. There's a big difference between the Klitschko's and Ruiz. I think Hopkins could have taken Ruiz though.

Comment

Zero percent chance

Klits easily take him out, within 5 rounds max

Comment

Hell no.

John Ruiz was 6'2. Klits are 6'6 and 6'8. Klits are not John Ruiz either they are better.

Roy Jones Jr. was also a gifted athletic fighter, not at all typical or orthodox. That is how he won.

Hopkins at 6'1 cannot hug on the Klits or smother them, or use any of his legal or illegal tactics.

Hopkins is a great middle weight but not that great.

If Klits came down to 160- 175....Hopkins smashes them like Pac did Hoya.(weight drained)

Comment

People are really silly. A 143 lber has the KO power to take out a heavyweight. You don't magically get a better chin due to your size. So no, the K Bros wouldn't wade through anyone's punches or not show defense because a good punch is a good punch. Heavyweights just have more weight behind theirs. That's it. Hopkins would have major trouble with the size difference though. That is where weightclasses really come into play. Weight is one factor, but the mass and space that heavyweights take up and at the rate they can move is extremely difficult to move with when you're smaller. I'm at 194 lbs right now. Could I knockout a Klitschko brother? Sure, if they let me and didn't defend for crap. I am sure most people who've learned how to punch could do it too. Ruiz is just an awful comparison to the physical advantages of people like the Klitschkos.

Comment

Working...
                    X