Cotto to MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Cotto to MMA?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Cot...e-In-MMA-23216

Says that possibly down the road he may make the transition.

As a Cotto fan, I'd really like to see it.

He has the heart, conditioning, and I think his style of boxing is well suited for a transition to MMA.

Plus the fact that he's training with Miguel Torres, he's probably already learning some facets of MMA.

Your thoughts?

it'd be intresting to see how Cotto does, if he gives mma a try

I still think Kermit Cintron would have the most success of any boxer in mma

Comment

Spends some time on takedowns and muay thai and he's definitely a threat to anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
        it'd be intresting to see how Cotto does, if he gives mma a try

I still think Kermit Cintron would have the most success of any boxer in mma
        i think kermit would be sick in the octagon--has he ever expressed any interest??

Comment

Originally posted by wojosh6 View Post
          i think kermit would be sick in the octagon--has he ever expressed any interest??
          yes he did before...dana white said mayweather should fight the lightwheight champ in ufc cuz mayweather said it takes no skill..mayweather laughed in his face then cintron said he'll take the fight but nothing ever happened..this was a few years ago also

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
            yes he did before...dana white said mayweather should fight the lightwheight champ in ufc cuz mayweather said it takes no skill..mayweather laughed in his face then cintron said he'll take the fight but nothing ever happened..this was a few years ago also
            I remember that, I'd like to see Kermit make the transition...

Comment

Wow, Cotto actually has the physical tools that would help in the UFC: power, strength and timing. Plus, contrary to Toney or Mayorga, he's still in good condition and respect MMA. He'd KO everybody at 155. I'd like to see a Cotto VS Bj.Penn.

Comment

luckilly enough for cotto, championship MMA fights aren't 12 rounds

Comment

it'd be a good move for cotto, the 155 lb division is perfect for him. he has a hard time cutting down from 185 to 147. i just hope he spends some time on wrestling takedowns and takedown defense, like kaps said. his boxing skills matched up with good wrestling would make a very dangerous fighter. cintron has the athleticism to be good in mma, he could pick up some of the other skills like muay thai and wrestling fast

Comment

personally i dont want boxers going into MMA only reason is because i want to keep my boys in my sport i dont want them leavin to another. it takes a blow to boxing and brings up ******ed MMA Vs Boxing arguments about the winner

Comment

Working...
                    X