Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your love for boxing make you biased towards MMA/UFC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seen Nick Diaz fight a few times, that's about it.

Oh and I watched that Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate fight, wow that was bananas!

Comment

I don't watch live MMA fights, I watch reruns. The only time I bought MMA on PPV was a fight with Silva on the main event. I don't remember his opponent. It was hyped as if it will be competitive. The main event came and about a minute and a half into the fight, boom, Silva's simple kick on his opponent's face sent the poor guy unconscious on the canvas. The undercards were uneventful as well. So that was it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
        their main form of defense is always something along the lines of this.....

"boxing is just that, boxing. MMA has boxing AND everything else including wrestling, bjj, Muay Thai, and more. MMA fighters are more well rounded fighters. Boxers only have to watch for punches, whereas MMA fighters have to be prepared for strikes, kicks, and take downs."

can't recall how many times I've heard this from mma fans who hate boxing
        Horrible Boxing, mixed with average Muay Thai, mixed with pretty good wrestling makes for a mediocre sport.

it's not how many disciplines you throw together, it's how much skill you have in each one. I agree that being a jack of all trades makes you a better fighter, but it doesn't make for a more skillful/technical/artistic sport.

Early UFC was fun to watch, Bought the first one for about 15 bucks on pay per view.
        Last edited by res; 05-24-2012, 05:29 PM.

Comment

i rarely watch mma but it's fine, don't hate it

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            UFC/MMA Is interesting to watch, when I know a good fighter with well rounded boxing skills, fights. My father is a State Champion Wrestler, grew up with boxing and wrestling; what is interesting to me is when you hear about how MMA fighters will beat any boxer because of wrestling background; its funny because most MMA fighters like Anderson Silva, Junior Dos Santos, Alvistar Overeem, Quinton Jackson, and many more tried for a boxing career and failed. Boxing has been one of the Largest Sports in the world for the better of 150 years. MMA has been big for 20 years and still does not make the sales of any boxing ppv, Dana "White Don King" White can try to convince Americans all he can that boxing is a dying sport, but numbers and sales show! Boxing is Alive and Well.
            Funny though when boxing has a Bad judgement in a match or Bad piss test from a boxer before a match; then an MMA fans say that is why MMA is better, the judging is better or Dana would call them out. Judging in MMA is Cr@p and fighters in MMA piss test positive for peds just as much as boxers, in fact boxing tests now have become more difficult now, with Olympic style testing occuring more often!
            They didn't try to be Boxers, I don't know of Overeem or Rampage having a Boxing match also Anderson had Boxing matches but he only had two matches MMA has been working out great for him he's considered along with Fedor the greatest MMA Fighter MMA has had in achievements. Dos Santos won Amateur Boxing Matches but MMA has worked out great for him he's the UFC Heavyweight Champion

Comment

Working...
            X