Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: I'll Always Find A Way To Beat John Ryder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finally watched the fight to see what all the fuss is about the scorecards. At first I was like am I watching the same fight that everyone else did since Smith was beating Ryder in the first half in my opinion, especially since I had him winning the first 3 rounds. But than the second half happened & I had Ryder winning every round from 7-12. I had it 8-4 for Ryder & no way did Smith win this fight.

Comment

I agree with all your points. Nobody is unbeatable, but when you look that vulnerable against much smaller guy like Ryder, that's a big red flag. Regardless, would still like to see all these guys at 168 matched up at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
        Do you know who's broadcast Lee was commentating for? I'd have thought it most likely to be Skies but it was Glen Mcacrory dong skies
        Yeah he was on sky.
        Mccrory hasn't been on sky in a while. I think he's training fighters now.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          It sounded like someone had a word in his ear during the fight, I really believe that

He scored round 11 to Smith I think. Insane, Smith was nearly out on his feet and saved by the bell in that round.
          I've watched the fight again and scored it 115-113 for Smith. I think I'll give up scoring fights

Comment

Originally posted by harry-greb View Post
            I've watched the fight again and scored it 115-113 for Smith. I think I'll give up scoring fights
            I thought Ryder won but scoring it close either way can be justified

I think the real problem is how wide the cards were. Ryder never had a chance

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              I thought Ryder won but scoring it close either way can be justified

I think the real problem is how wide the cards were. Ryder never had a chance
              I scored rds 1,2,3,6,8,9,10 for Smith. Some rounds were very hard to score
              I'll just put it down to a bad night at the office for myself and Terry O Connor

Comment

Yeah he was on sky.
                Mccrory hasn't been on sky in a while. I think he's training fighters now.
                So, there was no Andy Lee sightings then? Sorry, I like to give a listen to fighters on commentary whom I haven't yet heard doing so. Just something that interests me. Whether I agree with them or not, I always enjoy hearing the guys who are obviously still actual fans of the sport. Like with Mancini, I know a lot dislike hearing his big loud outbursts when a big shot lands, which I understand, but it also comes across to me as a guy who just is really enjoying the fight and that is hard to get down on someone for.

Comment

So, there was no Andy Lee sightings then? Sorry, I like to give a listen to fighters on commentary whom I haven't yet heard doing so. Just something that interests me. Whether I agree with them or not, I always enjoy hearing the guys who are obviously still actual fans of the sport. Like with Mancini, I know a lot dislike hearing his big loud outbursts when a big shot lands, which I understand, but it also comes across to me as a guy who just is really enjoying the fight and that is hard to get down on someone for.
                  I thought Andy got it wrong when I was watching it live but I've watched it back and he was spot on.
                  He's generally a good analyst.

Comment

I thought Andy got it wrong when I was watching it live but I've watched it back and he was spot on.
                    He's generally a good analyst.
                    Man, I am sorry, but, it seems I may be misunderstanding something you're writing. Andy Lee was doing commentary seems to be what you are saying and if so, do you know who/where he was doing commentary for? He was not doing the Sky broadcast, was he? If Andy Lee was doing Sky's commentary than he woulda been doing the blow by blow as Glenn McCrory was doing the "experienced analyst" role. Basically, Lee woulda been Jim Lampley to McCrory's Roy Jones. Apologies for my just beating this dead horse here

Comment

Man, I am sorry, but, it seems I may be misunderstanding something you're writing. Andy Lee was doing commentary seems to be what you are saying and if so, do you know who/where he was doing commentary for? He was not doing the Sky broadcast, was he? If Andy Lee was doing Sky's commentary than he woulda been doing the blow by blow as Glenn McCrory was doing the "experienced analyst" role. Basically, Lee woulda been Jim Lampley to McCrory's Roy Jones. Apologies for my just beating this dead horse here
                      No mate. Andy Lee was co-commentator. Glen mccrory was not on sky at all

Comment

Working...
                      X